Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To me, "The Talk" lost all rights and claims to "sisterhood" when they (meaning, most likely Julie, and/or Les) forced out Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete.  I'm not a fan of either person, but something about their exits has always felt unclean to me.

• Members

I felt Julie's words for Sara and Sharon rang hollow. I think those friendships are dead and buried. Sharon is tough as nails and her mentioning that she had been asked to make a supportive statement in favour of Les would have infuriated Julie. Sharon pulls no punches and I note she was the only one smiling when Julie's video finished. She was smiling, in all likelihood, because that's the last she'd have to see of her.

I find Carrie Ann to be as fake as a pair of silicone implants.

Sheryl has been an emotional wreck all week. I listened to a podcast she and Sharon made with the rest of the Osbournes earlier this year and it was hilarious. 

Ghomeshi is a pariah if there ever was one. 

I like Mark. He has a very good reputation in the business, and his firing was so abrupt. He didn't even know he was being fired the last day he was taping. 

• Members

I almost posted about the Jian Ghomeshi (whose case I've been reading about for about two years) in the Off-Topic Thread since I don't consider it to be Hollywood related.

Back on topic though,

This article discusses the possibility that Moonves may end up collecting that $120 million after all, despite several CBS directors refusal.

Why Les Moonves Might Still Get $120 Million From CBS

So Moonves is claiming that his encounters were consensual (a la Weinstein) but any "inappropriate" behavior was before he arrived at CBS. Oh boy...