Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree.  And if they don't, then I am officially done with CBS.

I won't pretend to gaf about her.  You want to stand by your man, Julie?  Fine.  Take your man, and your money, and get the [!@#$%^&*] out.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's easy to sit back and count your money when it's all been perpetuated by a man who made it his career ambition to grind women and women's voices down when he couldn't assault them.

Julie Chen Moonves just turned Camille Cosby into a picture of restraint.

Edited by Vee

• Members

For whatever reason it has become politically incorrect in some circles to admit that sex really is at the root of these issues. I've never understood quite why.  I agree with her though.

To leave the sex out of the conversation is to be blinkered about the sexual psychopathology that can upend people’s lives. Abuse of power is indeed intrinsic to the Me Too stories. But power alone does not explain why a man would choose to masturbate into a potted plant in front of a horrified woman rather than have sex with a willing one. Only when we examine the sexual aspect of these violations will we understand fully what is going on—and how to address it.