Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Members

I'm hoping CBS cancels BB or replaces here with someone else. BB numbers are down from last year anyways....the show hasn't had good numbers in years.....CBS needs to end these shows.....Survivor is another show that needs the ax.....its unfortunate it is returning for a 50th season.....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't want BB to go because I think the live feeds make it one of the more unique experiences on television (and the closest we have to soap-style narratives these days, watching lives over three months) but it needs new producers and new casting styles. And yes I need Julie out of there yesterday. 

• Members

So they are going to broadcast videotape of her saying her husband is being unfairly accused and the accusers are all liars? 

Please register in order to view this content

What about the women whose careers he decided to ruin out of sheer spite and misogyny?

CBS are so removed from reality if they let this happen. They STILL Do. Not. GET. IT. 

Edited by Cat

• Members

I didn’t interpret that article to mean that her desire to “clear her husband’s name” would be part of her taped message, just that it was her “reason” for leaving. That would be insane for CBS to allow her to diminish victims on-air in such a brazen way.

Stranger things have happened, I guess.

• Members

There's only one word to describe CBS and Chen's actions here...and that word is "chickenshit."

She KNOWS her spouse is guilty -- "as guilty as homemade sin," as my crazy aunt would say -- but, rather than face her now-ex-co-hosts OR the live studio audience -- who, no doubt, would demand some answers -- she chooses to exit via some candy-assed videotaped message, where she doesn't have to confront anyone, or answer any tough questions.

If she truly believes Les is innocent of these charges, and now wants to devote her time to defending him and protecting their son, then why not go live and say as much?  You had no qualms about appearing live for your big "I am Mrs. Norman Maine!" moment, to say that the statement you made on Twitter (which was ridiculous even then) was the only statement you'd make on the subject "today, tomorrow, forever"?  What has changed?

Furthermore, what kind of network is CBS to give such an idiotic move a pass?  Whether or not you support or Les, there's no mistaking the fact that his spouse and the network are under intense scrutiny.  Do they really think a videotaped message will not add fuel to that fire?

Honestly, Chen was better off not coming back at all.

• Members

No, I WANT her to broadcast a message to that effect on the network.  In fact, I want her to face an audience filled with every single one of her husband's accusers and say those words exactly.  And I want her to stand there and remain silent, as his accusers say or do to her whatever they're going to say or do to her.

If she has the courage to imply all these women are liars who are talkin' smack about her man, then she also has the courage to stand up to them (and for her husband) when they exercise their right to clap back.

But she won't do that -- and you know why?  Because, again, she knows his ass is guilty as hell.

But, you know, I almost feel sorry for her, in a way.  All those other women had to do to keep their jobs or advance in their careers was allow Les to force himself on them.  But Julie was the one who actually had to marry him.

Edited by Khan

• Members

There's no need for that. He had a tremendous amount of power in the film industry at one time and he absolutely should have tried to lift other people up and give them representation. 

Woody seems like the kind of guy that is most concerned about Woody.  What kind of person drags up their daughter's allegations just to do damage control for their own reputation? 

Because one thing we know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that one of these parents deeply damaged their daughter when she was four (Ronan was the six year old) years old. If he's the innocent party, I'm not seeing a lot of compassion for what Mia put her through when she was practically a baby.

• Members

Julie’s message on The Talk just aired. It was from the set of BB and was directed at her co-hosts. Nothing controversial IMO. Notably, she told guest co-host Carrie Ann Inaba, “You look pretty good in that chair, my Asian sister.” 

Edited by Faulkner