Hollywood Sexual Harrasment/Assault Thread

cct

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That, and either fess up or keep your damn mouth shut if you are a perp.  For her to be a huge face against HW while hiding her own crap is disgusting.  I hear stories like Sciorra and Daryl Hannah...then this woman comes forward to get justice against a predator but she did the same thing!  Despicable!  #MeToo doesn't need her!

• Members

I wonder if Ms. Argento's and Ms. McGowen's respective skeletons in their closets doesn't solidify their cases against Weinstein?

It is reasonable that both women were reluctant to come forward if that they feared that their past errors in judgement would invalidate their current claims.  In fact, this may have been why the fees negotiated for their silence were relatively low.  However, their willingness to tell their stories regardless of the consequences of being humiliated in public by their tormentor, who has had far more access to press and the means to investigate their backgrounds, makes their stories far more compelling to me now.  And now that their secrets have been revealed they have nothing to loose by telling the truth about Weinstein.

• Members

Ms. Argento was sexually assaulted by Harvey Weinstein.  Years later, Ms. Argento sexually assaulted Jimmy Bennett.  Both things are true.

Since there are other women who HW assaulted, I don't think his case hinges on Ms. Argento and Ms. McGowan.  In fact, none of the charges against HW include those made my Ms. Argento.  There are quite a few other women who HW assaulted and none of this invalidates their claims.

• Members

It gets worse. TMZ (and yes, I know TMZ is awful but they got the exclusive on this one) published the photo and text messages between Bourdain and AA talking about this AND text messages between AA and a friend on Monday. The text messages explicitly catch AA out in the lie that she never had sex with Jimmy Bennett.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/21/asia-argento-anthony-bourdain-broke-sexual-assault-rape-settlement/

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/22/asia-argento-17-year-old-boy-in-bed-photo-sex-texts/ 

This is a complete takedown of Argento. She has been completely exposed as a manipulative liar. I feel horrible that the boy she groomed has been doubted; that a man I really admire (Bourdain) got caught up in trying to 'save' her. I feel bad for #MeToo and the fact that Tarana Burke's movement got hijacked by narcissistic Hollywood types obsessed with the spotlight.

Also, this exclusive is TMZ's, so you best believe Harvey Weinstein and his ex-Mossad investigators are behind this leak.

Edited by Cat