Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

They are great as friends but soooooooooooo dull as a couple. Nick needs a vacation. 

Everyone looked fantastic today, and it was great to see so many in one room.

One question, why were Chloe and Kevin sitting with Vic/Nikki?

I just hope Mariah didn't jump to an assumption...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course he has. Seriously the only relationship that's ever worked on-screen for him has been with Sharon and Sharon Case. I know he seemed to have some hard-on for Stafford, and her for him, but they were more like pals to me on-screen than anything. And in all honesty at this point I don't really want Sharon and Nick reunited anytime soon. They screwed it up the last time and it went downhill for Sharon even more afterwards. I'm kind of over that pairing but it's still been his best, which he doesn't seem to appreciate.

• Members

It is always about racism.

Choosing to wear blinders & swearing it isn't because it makes you uncomfortable to deal with is your problem.

And doing exactly that is why daytime soaps are dying & not coming back.

Please register in order to view this content

This is a show that won't let Ivy league educated Neil have anything now.

• Members

Thinking about today's episode (except for Nelsea, which I had to FF), it was the most cohesive episode yet - it showed a lot of the complicated relationship on the show without feeling like it was trying to introduce viewers to 'new' characters. 

The production and wardrobe was spot-on. This is what I expect from the Genoa City upper crust. They even had CG wearing appropriate evening attire, even though she was in a 'production' role. 

I think the Devon issue is endemic of what has happened to numerous characters on the show - we have no idea what they want! Obviously this is a huge undertaking and there's been progress with characters that have either been destroyed or neglected, such as Victor, Sharon, Hilary and even though they've been featured less, Phyllis and Lauren. But there is a lot of work to do (Abby, Neil, Billy, etc.) I'm happy with the overall direction considering the royal mess they got. 

• Members

The teleprompter gag pretty much proves what I've been saying that this is humorous, if not impactful. It was funny and I giggled but it was never going to be a jaw-dropping moment, so it's good that they put this in the middle of the week, rather than trying to make it into a Friday episode.

Considering how sad previous formal events have looked, this one was decently done. Y&R having those big blockbuster events with dignitaries and countless extras can't be done at this point, so what they've produced was fine.

No blockbusters but SS and KA seem adept at doing small things really well. That moment where Hillary is trying to figure out the proper pronunciation of a French word and looks at Devon, who says that the group home where he lived didn't have French language courses was a good moment of recognition, that even though Devon may be wealthy now, he remembers the struggles of the past.  Hillary also had a similar moment recalling her Mother's struggle with alcoholism, without going into detail (although anyone familiar with her backstory, of course, knew what she meant).

Where's the heat between Nick and Chelsea?  I don't see it, I don't feel it. And the preview for the next episode, where Nick begs Chelsea to stay makes him look desperate and horny.

This was a pleasant episode with a little gotcha moment. I couldn't really find much objectionable about it. 

• Members

I disagree. I think he and Phyllis were pretty hot for awhile. Obviously, that's subjective, but they had a big enough fanbase that I think it can be considered a successful pairing. I think JM could have chemistry with a lot of different people, but the writing hasn't supported that for the most part. I suppose part of it is they've tried to use Sharon Case to make various males work, so she's had more opportunity.

Archived