Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that Devon has big money he should do multiple, almost losing, or losing his fortune temporarily, or losing some it, story lines. I can't count how many of those stories Katherine did with Chancellor Industries, the mansion, and personal fortune. If it wasn't a Jill scheme it was some lover, or husband, (like Derek?). Or the fake maid and butler story, or all her fake deaths. There's more drama in having the wealthy characters lose money & power. If Kevin loses his life savings, or job, who really cares?

If we can't have any drama with Devon and all his money what's the point? Give it some character we are allowed to have these things happen to. We already have a character who can never lose, we don't need another one. Especially at such a young age. Heck he's young enough to lose it all and come back with the drive to get it all back. Jill's character changed dramatically, and forever, after Katherine wronged her and took away the life she thought she was going to have.

Watching Devon buy expensive things with Katherine's money isn't drama. If we followed him as he earned that fortune, his spending spree would be a fun and satisfying series of events because he worked so hard to get it.

Y&R needs characters to lose love, and money. Almost every couples fan I've ever listened to want's their couple to be the "power couple of GC", and never break up, or course. That's boring too

• Members

It was, and very soapy.  

This looked very expensive.  I'm wondering how Y&R can keep spending this kind of money. Not that I'm complaining, but the budget has to come into play eventually.

I wonder what Jack and Victor have cooked up for Billy...and why wasn't Phyllis or Lauren at the benefit?  

I Iiked today's show and tomorrow looks interesting, but I can't see how something like Hilary tripping Mariah on live TV will translate into a catastrophic for her.  It's a shitty move, but enough for everyone in town to shun her forever...hardly.

MM 

Please register in order to view this content

It's no wonder Faith fell asleep.  Nick/Chelsea are snoozville.

Yea, I'd like a refresher on someone that has lost everything and gotten it back myself.  

• Members

I was surprised no Lauren, but I can get Phyllis not being there.

It would be nice to get a break from Faith. Why is she on so damn much? But she had a nice scene with Nick and wasn't exactly on the entire time, either. Yep. Nick and Chelsea are soooo boring. LOL. No chemistry either. JMO.

The set looked great and everyone looked great.

MM looked fantastic as always

Please register in order to view this content

and I sort of loved how Mariah set her up, even if I still don't care all that much.

I also liked that Victor was aware of how Victoria would perceive what he did. At least he has some self-awareness again. And I liked that she didn't demonize him.

Archived