Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

Err I don't know if you noticed but drama is all about craving something, getting it and then losing it, to start over again...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Aback said:

Err I don't know if you noticed but drama is all about craving something, getting it and then losing it, to start over again...

Yep! Soaps have forgotten this. Say what you will about Reilly, but he knew this. Even as ridiculous as the motives were, you knew what a character yearned for and you saw them do what they had to to get it.

2 hours ago, Aback said:

It's hard for certain characters to start over again unless it's love.

12 hours ago, MoTheGreat said:

I never watch what JFP/UPChuck wrote b because I saw what they wrote for ABC soaps. & i knew I wasn't going to like them at Y&R. I just came back to this thread when I herard of Y&R get new/old writers back.

It's cool, Mo.  I wasn't necessarily referring to you or any other poster specifically.  It was just an general observation.  I ain't callin nobody out lol

12 hours ago, MoTheGreat said:

o, why she wants to take away his money. The same way other writers took away the club Neil own & gave it to Nick who already own something outside his father business.

Now that Devon has big money he should do multiple, almost losing, or losing his fortune temporarily, or losing some it, story lines. I can't count how many of those stories Katherine did with Chancellor Industries, the mansion, and personal fortune. If it wasn't a Jill scheme it was some lover, or husband, (like Derek?). Or the fake maid and butler story, or all her fake deaths. There's more drama in having the wealthy characters lose money & power. If Kevin loses his life savings, or job, who really cares?

If we can't have any drama with Devon and all his money what's the point? Give it some character we are allowed to have these things happen to. We already have a character who can never lose, we don't need another one. Especially at such a young age. Heck he's young enough to lose it all and come back with the drive to get it all back. Jill's character changed dramatically, and forever, after Katherine wronged her and took away the life she thought she was going to have.

Watching Devon buy expensive things with Katherine's money isn't drama. If we followed him as he earned that fortune, his spending spree would be a fun and satisfying series of events because he worked so hard to get it.

Y&R needs characters to lose love, and money. Almost every couples fan I've ever listened to want's their couple to be the "power couple of GC", and never break up, or course. That's boring too

39 minutes ago, cattykittens said:

Now that Devon has big money he should do multiple, almost losing, or losing his fortune temporarily, or losing some it, story lines. I can't count how many of those stories Katherine did with Chancellor Industries, the mansion, and personal fortune. If it wasn't a Jill scheme it was some lover, or husband, (like Derek?). Or the fake maid and butler story, or all her fake deaths. There's more drama in having the wealthy characters lose money & power. If Kevin loses his life savings, or job, who really cares?

If we can't have any drama with Devon and all his money what's the point? Give it some character we are allowed to have these things happen to. We already have a character who can never lose, we don't need another one. Especially at such a young age. Heck he's young enough to lose it all and come back with the drive to get it all back. Jill's character changed dramatically, and forever, after Katherine wronged her and took away the life she thought she was going to have.

Watching Devon buy expensive things with Katherine's money isn't drama. If we followed him as he earned that fortune, his spending spree would be a fun and satisfying series of events because he worked so hard to get it.

Y&R needs characters to lose love, and money. Almost every couples fan I've ever listened to want's their couple to be the "power couple of GC", and never break up, or course. That's boring too

Which rich person on Y&R has lost all their money and got it back? None if the Newmans or Abbots, that's for sure. They've lost control of companies but not their wealth. 

Edited by ajsp35801

It was, and very soapy.  

This looked very expensive.  I'm wondering how Y&R can keep spending this kind of money. Not that I'm complaining, but the budget has to come into play eventually.

I wonder what Jack and Victor have cooked up for Billy...and why wasn't Phyllis or Lauren at the benefit?  

I Iiked today's show and tomorrow looks interesting, but I can't see how something like Hilary tripping Mariah on live TV will translate into a catastrophic for her.  It's a shitty move, but enough for everyone in town to shun her forever...hardly.

MM :wub:

It's no wonder Faith fell asleep.  Nick/Chelsea are snoozville.

Yea, I'd like a refresher on someone that has lost everything and gotten it back myself.  

Edited by GMac

I was surprised no Lauren, but I can get Phyllis not being there.

It would be nice to get a break from Faith. Why is she on so damn much? But she had a nice scene with Nick and wasn't exactly on the entire time, either. Yep. Nick and Chelsea are soooo boring. LOL. No chemistry either. JMO.

The set looked great and everyone looked great.

MM looked fantastic as always :wub: and I sort of loved how Mariah set her up, even if I still don't care all that much.

I also liked that Victor was aware of how Victoria would perceive what he did. At least he has some self-awareness again. And I liked that she didn't demonize him.

Edited by KMan101
19 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Which rich person on Y&R has lost all their money and got it back? None if the Newmans or Abbots, that's for sure. They've lost control of companies but not their wealth. 

Katherine. She was homeless. Jill, she had to go back to doing nails.

24 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Thank you so much!!! 

I'm pretty sure Sally Sussman didn't come on board and say, well, Devon is black so let me take away his money. Come on. But we've had this back and forth before.

Katherine chose to be homeless.

33 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

+1.

5 minutes ago, cattykittens said:

Katherine. She was homeless. Jill, she had to go back to doing nails.

The only time I remember when Katherine lost money when that lady was playing another role. Like when she lost her mine too.

1 minute ago, DeeeDee said:

Katherine chose to be homeless.

I thought that was the case.

5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I'm pretty sure Sally Sussman didn't come on board and say, well, Devon is black so let me take away his money. Come on. But we've had this back and forth before.

For her to pick Devon out of Nick, Noah, Abby, Victoria, Billy tells a lot about why she pick Devon.

How do the very same people who abstractly acknowledge the institutional racism of daytime television still deny the consequences of its factual reality?