Jump to content

Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, DeeeDee said:

 

It isn't? You didn't JUST get finished demanding solutions for "fixing" racism from me?

 

So you can just keep saying IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT RACISM and then YOU asked for solutions so I responded in kind and you mocked me and proceeded to continue doing so. I asked you what you would do. How is that wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

Fair point, but don't keep yelling racism without offering up solutions, that's all my point was. I was simply trying to reach through to the person and I was saying what I felt I needed to, a few things were taken too far, so I'm sorry if that bothered you. They weren't engaging in a discussion and instead focused on me "attacking them" which is also unfair. Mocking as well. A lot of the responses were not necessary, on both ends. All I wanted was that person to engage in a conversation and it completely spiraled because they felt the need to be rude and abrasive. I responded in kind and that was my mistake. I should have taken the higher road.

 

Understood. :-)

 

 

Just for posterity. The only solution for racism is to not be racist. 

 

I didn't get a chance to see todays show yet. I'll have to watch later. But I've seen clips and I loved what I saw. 

Edited by ajsp35801
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

It's a shame how Nicholas has been wasted by Joshua Morrow in the role. Nick and Victoria should be running Victor's company. Instead we have two awful actors in the role whose characters cannot even have a romantic relationship on the show....

 

The annoying thing is JM (while no master thespian) can act. Nick trying to be his own person was almost as compelling as Heather Tom's Victoria's attempts at proving herself to Victor.

 

The problem is as an actor Morrow doesn't have what it takes to be a tentpole character (which Y&R execs know) and with no rivals & more money than Croesus there's nothing for Nick to do but play video games & make babies.

 

That's why past regimes have leaned on Sharon so much (severely warping her character in the process) to provide Nick with story. Ideally recasting Noah should give Nick a much more mature direction but with GT around there's no way Y&R doesn't revisit Nick & Phyllis in the near future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MoTheGreat said:

Somebody said Devon got into an accident. Did he hurt his head?

 

The accident was bad. He was driving at about 130. We won't know anything until Monday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

It's a shame how Nicholas has been wasted by Joshua Morrow in the role. Nick and Victoria should be running Victor's company. Instead we have two awful actors in the role whose characters cannot even have a romantic relationship on the show....

 

Some of it is the show's fault. I think it was around 2010 or so when the show stopped having stories (business, in particular) but was mainly folks just going around town without a purpose bumping off each other for no reason. I remember thinking it was akin to OLTL circa 2004. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal opinion, they need to start aging Nick & Victoria. the people who plays Nikki & Victor are over 60.  & both people who play Nick & Victoria are under 45. & their kids are aging before them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

 

The annoying thing is JM (while no master thespian) can act. Nick trying to be his own person was almost as compelling as Heather Tom's Victoria's attempts at proving herself to Victor.

 

The problem is as an actor Morrow doesn't have what it takes to be a tentpole character (which Y&R execs know) and with no rivals & more money than Croesus there's nothing for Nick to do but play video games & make babies.

 

That's why past regimes have leaned on Sharon so much (severely warping her character in the process) to provide Nick with story. Ideally recasting Noah should give Nick a much more mature direction but with GT around there's no way Y&R doesn't revisit Nick & Phyllis in the near future.

That's why they should have recast Nick long time ago.  That way the audience would've had time to adjust to new Nick. IMO JM only worked with Sharon Case. Besides that he is worthless on the show because he can't do anything else. I wish they'd bring back previous Noah and have Victor groom him as the next Newman to run his company and give shade to his useless son Nick about it.

 

And then of course there's Victoria another tragic character gone wrong with an awful recast.

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MoTheGreat said:

Personal opinion, they need to start aging Nick & Victoria. the people who plays Nikki & Victor are over 60.  & both people who play Nick & Victoria are under 45. & their kids are aging before them.

 

Ideally, Y&R should be able to mature the characters without changing actors. JT and Britney made the transition from teenagers to full blown adults without having to do anything drastic.  The writing should be able to do all that, unless the actors can't manage it, and that's when you have problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

 

Ideally, Y&R should be able to mature the characters without changing actors. JT and Britney made the transition from teenagers to full blown adults without having to do anything drastic.  The writing should be able to do all that, unless the actors can't manage it, and that's when you have problems.

 

Yeah, but they was already grown when they was playing teens. But as they keep aging Noah, eventually they going have to age Nick.

Edited by MoTheGreat
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MoTheGreat said:

 

Yeah, but they was already grown when they was playing a teen. But as they keep aging Noah, eventually they going have to age Nick.

The actor who plays Noah looks older than Joshua Morrow....LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoTheGreat said:

 

Yeah, but they was already grown when they was playing teens. But as they keep aging Noah, eventually they going have to age Nick.

 

Hey, I wouldn't be opposed to recasting both actors, at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When they recast early on, I don't mind adjusting to a new actor, but when someone, like Nick, has been on his entire adult life, I don't want a new actor.  I guess I don't like a lot of change.  I could easily adjust to a new Victoria though. LOL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ponds said:

When they recast early on, I don't mind adjusting to a new actor, but when someone, like Nick, has been on his entire adult life, I don't want a new actor.  I guess I don't like a lot of change.  I could easily adjust to a new Victoria though. LOL!

Victoria is easy...bring back Heather Tom. As for Nick I agree but the actor in the role is limited. May I suggest a recast for Nick.......

 

kavo03.jpg

 

He is actually 4 years older than Joshua Morrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.