Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the Young and the Restless thread not the politics thread. I'm white and I sure as f*ck didn't vote for the racist, misogynist. I am all for more people of color, other nationalities--anyone that can do the job better than what we've already had. Just start a thread to discuss racism and stop derailing this thread with your blatant negativity. At the beginning of this thread you were discussing Traci, Jill and sharing in a conversation.  Suddenly it became all about racism. And it hasn't stopped.Look, I just finished watching today's episode and lost any interest in talking about it after this post of yours. You just keep pushing people's buttons and you don't make any effort to let anyone talk about the show. 

I'm sorry that the world is the way it is. I'm someone who was brought up by a high school football coach, a Catholic man, that taught me to treat everyone, no matter who they were --white,black,Hispanic...whatever--with the same respect, and I always have. Don't judge the whole world and talk down to them because of other experiences. 

Sometimes a story is just a story. Let it play out. Again, I wish you all the best in the New Year, and I hope we see change in this clusterf*ck our country is going through. I'm gay and I have gone through a lot of biases taken out on me over the years, but I don't sit here railing about homophobia, I just talk about the soaps.

• Members

So many discussions about race devolve into "I don't like your tone!". It's so typical. Sh*t, I don't like DeeeDee's tone either but I can ignore that to see her point.

She's abrasive and to the point but she's not wrong.

ANYWAY onto the episode. The idea that they've based an entire plot on Mariah tripping is patently ridiculous. Mariah derailed an entire auction to get petty revenge and she's being treated like some hero. Hillary didn't try to kill her for God's sake. Whatever, show.

The problem with Hillary and how she's presented is that she's the only black woman on this goddamn show. It bothers me that she's constantly derided by everyone, the same thing happened with Dru, it feels very "put her in her place" to me. People have spent less time badmouthing Phyllis for screwing her brother-in-law than Hillary for hosting a gossip show.

• Members

Jason Thompson is a good actor but he still feels weird as Billy to me.

He's always felt like a better fit for Adam.

His scenes with Beth Maitland were good but she makes everyone (except Victor) better.

Nick needs to be single for a long while (at least a couple of years). He has way too many kids for the character to be boring for too long.

Archived