Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1. I'd believe Billy betraying Jack in business before I believe him sleeping with Jack's wife.

Plus I just can't see Billy being attracted to Phyllis because (other than Chloe) he's never really cared for his women crazy.

That said given this is Y&R (new regime or not) I bet he and Victoria will be back together within six months.

• Members

I really like JT as Billy. I can see a playful side, but he hasn't had much of a chance to show it. Unfortunately he was cast just in time for the Phyllis/Billy affair. That wasn't lighthearted. It was mean, dark, and serious . SSM was right, the story was done at the expense of both characters. It was especially bad timing for JT, because he had to play a Billy that never existed before.  Hard to establish yourself in a role if the character is written out-of character.

I just love Billy and Jill. He seems and looks like her actual son.  Both Jill & John had brown hair, Billy shouldn't have blondish Dina's features like Jack.

• Members

Wow, today's show was one hot mess and very boring. The Marah revenge fell flat and why was Devon so upset? Nick and Chelesa was ff material....and so was Billy and Victoria......Reed reminds me of Parker ,Mick Hazen, from ATWT.

Tomorrow's classic episode...can't wait!

• Members

I've been contending since the beginning that the GC Buzz storyline is more suitable for teenagers than women over the age of 21, so I really won't say too much about what transpired on today's episode, only I wasn't surprised that the reveal fell flat.

Just as an aside, didn't production have better stock music for Devon's fateful car ride?  That music was atrocious, and somehow I don't see Devon listening to that type of music, let alone blasting it in his new whip. Nah-uh.

The crash was predictable, maybe if Y&R hadn't had like 3 crashes in three years, this one might have had more impact but it's an over-used plot device and for a 4 day weekend cliff-hanger, disappointing...there's no other way to say it. 

In terms of how much time SS and KA need for these storylines to take off, I can see both sides. On one hand, they were handed a big mess to unwind and start fresh, some of the characters they know well, if not their recent storylines, some they had to get to know as they wrote, which realistically takes time- if you want to do it well.

On the other hand, they are not new to the show or to writing for a soap, so it isn't exactly unfair to expect them to hit the ground running, especially with the storylines that they are starting like Lauren's trials and tribulations with Fenmore.

Honestly, I expected to see the Newmans take more of a backseat by now. We've seen Victor dote on his grandchildren, be tender with his wife and loving with his children- we get it, Victor is different now...no need to keep hitting us on the head with this.  

We also don't need to see Nick fathering his children unless there is something new- we get it, Nick loves his kids!!

I'd love to see the Newmans cede the spotlight for awhile, get on the back burner for a little bit and have some long neglected characters get more attention.

They seem to be doing this with Lauren, albeit haltingly. I'd also like to see them try to find a story for Paul that doesn't involve Dylan (who will be departing soon anyway). I don't know, maybe they hope that Dylan's fate will create story for Paul but that can't be for long.

Same for Jill, I'd like to see her have a storyline that doesn't involve Billy and Victoria's push-pull relationship. It's fairly obvious why Jill needs her very own story.

I could mention Abby but I have to be honest, I don't really care.

One more things about Mariah, would I be wrong to assume that there will be fall-out for her as well after Devon gets hurt? There should be. She had her moment to savor her payback but realistically, assuming Mariah has a conscience, she will feel guilty about the repercussions, seeing that she actually respects Devon.

Archived