Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've found most days boring so far, but I do enjoy the improvement to a lot of the characters. I actually don't mind the production nor music, or lack there of. It is kinda British soap like. Maybe that is what Mal is going for. 

• Members

Character improvement (especially Victor's) is definitely the bright spot, even if some days and the actual stories are still mundane......I can possibly get use to the lack of music like the British soaps, but It's just kind of glaring IMO that having 2 Bill Bell writers back, and one of them writing and having a CO-EP credit, I was hoping some of the classic music would be heard, but nothing yet....again I will give it time...

• Members

He was at BBC for some of my fave years of EastEnders but idk how much influence he had on that show compared to others. Y&R could use some of those stories if they can fix their characters enough. 

Some classic YR music would be awesome, but idk if we're gonna get it. It does not seem like Mal's style at this point, but you never know

• Members

Oh I don't know, The episode has been posted on YT before, and those scenes with Jack and Patty have never been included in that episode, yet they always say "while Victor and Nikki were getting married"....so I assumed maybe for some reason whenever that episode was reuploaded that person just cut out those Jack and Patty scenes..

• Members

As they say, it's never gonna be what it was. At the same time I can't really blame people for wanting that.  Maybe because I was watching the show even at it's worst, I'm not disappointed by what I'm seeing now. For me, any improvement is welcome.  I'm finding the day to day so much more watchable. I'd say Sharon and Victor were rehabilitated almost immediately and given their importance to the show that's no small feat. I was seriously done with both of them and if someone had told me I'd feel differently in three weeks, I would not have believed it possible.

@GMac I do think they've left the door open for Hillary to be innocent of tripping Mariah. I'm guessing she did it because she didn't deny it and it seems like that would be her first reaction, but if they go the other way at least the groundwork is there.  I understand why this is the catalyst for Devon's meltdown. He's forgiven her over and over again and given every possible chance. She made a fool of him once too often and this time in public. It's not like he asked Hillary for a divorce or anything, so I don't feel like he drew the line because she hurt Mariah.

As for Mariah, I don't think she came out clean in this at all. I was glad she didn't retaliate physically though. At the same time this was a charity function and she ruined it. Add to that, Devon took a real chance on her and has given her opportunities she wouldn't have gotten based on merit (she totally lacks education and experience) alone. She could have gone to him privately if she really remembered what happened. Instead, she betrays him. I like Mariah a lot, but that little toast with Chloe at the end came off as petty given what she had just done to Devon. 

Archived