Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@DeeeDee I certainly have no challenge with JT as an actor, but he's not Billy. Much of this is the writing. Billy was a lovable screw up, but JT is playing an entitled prick. The biggest mistake was having Billy all but tell Jack he was taking his woman. Billy would NEVER!  And I agree, JT plays Billy way too serious. When currentBilly is sitting talking business, I laugh because it's not believable knowing what I know about who he is. 

• Members

I enjoyed the show today as well.

I mentioned this up thread, but it's strange to me that the writing for the fall reveal didn't include an actual flashback showing Hilary did it.  Sure, her actions made her look guilty but we still haven't actually seen her do it.  Soaps 101- if it's not shown onscreen, it didn't happen, right?  Maybe I'm reaching.

Ravi was less stalkerish and I liked the mix up with Abby thinking he was fixin to go mac daddy on Mariah and introduced them.  I was hoping they'd end up with an accidental kiss at midnight.

And I'm in agreement, of all the things Hilary has done this is the thing that causes the spilt?  I seem to recall Devon saying it was the last straw, and that would make sense.  Any well written rivalry or feud, whatever you want to call it, has two characters equally rootable.  Someone should have called her out, like Jack.

Apparently there aren't a whole lotta happiness with the show right now, but I like it.  There are a lot of stories that could come from this benefit gala.

• Members

There was some potential for Billy and Phyllis but the writing was trash and it wasn't handled well. Plus there seemed to be a lot of push back about it. I thought they had more chemistry than he does with Amelia Heinle, I agree with that. She seems to drag everyone down.

• Members

Im prolly in the minority but today's episode was pretty bad.

Almost everyone aside from I guess the supporting characters of Neil and Ashley came off quite unlikeable or boring. 

They have to find some substance to give these characters. The core of that reveal is so weak that its eye roll worthy. 

Archived