Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What not sure what type of music it was, but it makes sense that it wouldn't be one of Devon favorites. He was in no state to be picky about choosing music. He just bought the car, I'm sure the stations were pre-programmed by the dealership. Besides, it's Wisconsin, be thankful it wasn't polka music.

• Members

I like Mariah and Hilary but I don't care for the story. There's nothing there to get me invested in it.

The ride/crash scene was just horrible. I couldn't stand the loud music and it was very predictable. Couldn't they have come up with something else? Y&R has done too many damn car crashes.

Kevin and Chloe were just used to inform late guests to what they missed. Cause I have no idea why they were there.

And everyone else there was like WTF and just went on to their dancing .....boring....

• Members

Their writing is predictable. They feature vets yet their stories are boring.  I just hope they are waiting till after the new year to really kick off their stories. But I doubt it with Nick and Chelesea romance to come....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think its that way because he is going to cause trouble in GC. He is the new bad boy. I hope he gives Victoria hell.

• Members

I think that realistically, it is not that difficult to have different stories moving at different paces. I understand that nobody is ever going to be Douglas Marland-esque and be able time things almost perfectly, but still. Not everything has to transition at a snails pace. 

• Members

LOL, I was going to cite Marland but I wasn't sure whether it'd be appropriate in a Y&R thread!  Glad you mentioned this because I figured people would be sick of me going on about Marland's writing.  You're right, he's exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote this!

Please register in order to view this content

And no, there are no more Marlands writing today's soaps, another reason why I didn't mention it, I wondered if it would be too much to hope for that ability.

• Members

I just dont tag spoilers anymore. It was so much easier before with the spoiler indicator .....as for Y&R I got the feeling also that Hilary wasn't responsible for Mariah's fall.  Why wasn't there a catfight between the two ladies? Instead Neil got in the way and ruined any possible scene. And I am not caring how Hilary is being written anymore. Is she this conniving bitch or misunderstood ....

Marland was great but had his clunkers...LOL.  He is my favorite HW of all time. He made me love ATWT and GL....two soaps he HW.

• Members

Oh, of course he did!  But he had some sublime stories too. The Lily paternity reveal is a practical masterclass in how to spread out a storyline over a long period of time, while keeping your viewers hooked. And the way he layered the Doug Cummings and Tad Channing mysteries over it all was brilliant!

ETA. Brenda Dickson looks so gorgeous in that photo!

Please register in order to view this content

I know she's a wreck now but still...

Archived