Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

They've been leading to this moment for weeks and it was pretty good! Nice fight scenes between Hope and Aiden - it would've been so much better if they went all out and did a Mr. and Mrs. Smith house-fight scene, and it would've been believable since Hope's a cop.  I thought Hope was going to kill Aiden twice.  First when she stabbed him, and then we she went for the gun.  Actually, that would've been the perfect ending to the episode - Hope shooting Aiden just as Bo arrives. 

• Members

The Aidan/Hope scenes were so hard to watch today. This story is so stupid and makes no sense. Hope is murdered on her wedding night in her home. How the heck was Aidan going to explain that? He'd be the number one suspect. He's a lawyer for goodness sakes

And when the hell did the Dimeras become so hard up for cash and why do they keep going for the Hortons for it? First Stefano wants Chad to marry Abby so they can get their hands on the money she will inherit from the land left to her. Now we have Andre blackmailing Aidan to marry and kill Hope so they can get their hands on her money. Whats next? Will Stefano bring Peter back to marry Jennifer so they get her money? Actually, I wouldnt mind that

I wish Teresa wasnt so thirsty for Brady. I want her to come to the revelation that he isnt worth this and chooses herself. Let him fight for her. Im not liking the desperation and groveling she does

• Members

Not so sure she would have killed him if she had the chance.  The whole thing took her by surprise,  as it was the last thing she was expecting.   She essentially did  save her own self or she wouldn't still be alive.   I'm glad Bo is there and I'm looking forward to Monday's show.   This is best Days has been in years. 

• Members

This is the first time in years that I'm genuinely excited for the next episode (I'm also keeping myself spoiler-free). I don't think that even happened during the 2.0 reboot of Sept. 2011, or the Kristen/Eric church reveal. I'm so glad to have my show back :)  

Random request: Please, keep the Julie scenes coming! The Marie mention was a great nod to the first episode, but Julie has such a rich history and could easily be the permanent go-to Horton for sage advice. Doug, too, as age doesn't seem to be stopping him!

• Members

Even those Bo/Hope living room fantasy flashbacks are so strained between the two actors.  It's so clear they hate one another.  It seems worse than Tony Geary and Genie F.  Clearly Peter R. limited his engagement and involvement.  He's never been photographed during this brief return with KA; he barely promoted it on twitter.  I'm glad he came back to please some fans but the story of Bope is over and I won't miss him.  The best outcome, so far, of the new writers is how they've put Hope front and center again.  She's likable and I think Rafe's crush is sweet and believable.  He has no chemistry with Lanie however, who's just lacking acting chops.

And thank you Albert Alaar for bringing back Noel Maxam.  Such a fine daytime director.  

• Members

I had forgotten that they aren't related. 

Not sure where this should go as I didn't want to create a new thread or hijack Jason's thread. If Toups has a new place to put it he can. It's audio of the Smithsonian event.

• Members

I loved Friday's episode! It was thrilling to watch - spoiler free is really the way to go with DAYS at the moment.

The way the Hope/Aiden scenes were directed was great. I wasn't expecting her to get strangled at the moment it happened - which is not usually the case in daytime where these kinds of scenes are so predictable. From the bloodying of Hope's wedding gown, to Hope stabbing Aiden, to Hope firing her gun, to throwing all of those vases and swinging the umbrella and punching him in the face - it was refreshing, really refreshing, to see a woman kick ass in a physical fight and not just get her ass kicked. It's the same with the scenes where Julie clobbered the stripper with the champagne bottle. 

I just would have liked to see Hope kill Aiden in some dramatic way - like if he could have fallen into a bathtub filled with rose petals along with a stereo and been electrocuted - something big so that Bo didn't have to come in and 'save the day'...Hope, like Jennifer, Kayla and Marlena, can stand on her own outside of her tired super couple. At the same time, for the 50th, for the nostalgia factor, it's fine to have Bo save Hope. 

• Members

Exactly.  It might have made more sense for Aiden to have arranged some "accident" for Hope while away on their honeymoon.  Then again, DAYS doesn't have the budget anymore even to SUGGEST anyone is away from Salem, so never mind.  But I definitely agree with you, Cheap.

• Members

Yeah, DF. I admit that I was worried that the writers would have Hope go down without a fight.

But she exceeded all of my expectations. And I cheered when she punched Aiden. All those years as a cop (and a bounty hunter, a master thief, etc) and you are telling a man with little experience killing was going to take HER out? *side-eye*

WHile yes, I expected Bo to save her for old time sakes, that punch, the swing of the umbrella like it was a bat (and the sound effect for it like a bat) and her and the gun...was all kinds of awesome.

• Members

This week's episodes were amazing! The gala, wedding, and the suspense leading up to Bo/Hope/Aiden was classic soap and so well done! 

I will will say though that the best part of the week for me was the nod to history. I absolutkey LOVED Julie remembering 50years ago almost to the day of her shoplifting encounter and how they tied that into the current story with Ciara. I also loved the Marie mention of planning her wedding 50years agoand the tom/Alice flashback- absolutely loved those nods to history to the very first episode. I also loved Ciara's mention about the earrings Sami gave her "eons" ago. Such a cute nod to the history and to the SORASing. Love it !

Archived