Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

I would have preferred to have Hope kill Aiden too, but I get it. The fight was good but Hope was standing at the front door. Um, run out. Instead she goes up the stairs. LOL. I get it, but seriously, LOL.

Is it wrong I groaned when I saw Sami walk in? Ugh.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm so glad Sami has dealt with Will's murder. I'm so glad Marlena and Sami have had discussions about it. I mean damn we had Eve wax nostalgia and dream about Paige for weeks on end. Ugh. Sweeney needs to just stay away.

Today's episode is so good. Bo/Hope ... Kristian's bringing it. Abby's finally seen how loony Ben is. Chad is in prison and remembering the fight.

Steve and Kayla remain the blah part. I love them both but I sort of don't care.  I wish I did.

And I think it's clear I couldn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about Sami and EJ. It churns my stomach. Lucas should be Sami's destined one, not EJ.

• Members

Agreed. Kristian Alfonso has been great. I, too, would've loved to see the former cop get a little more physical in the fighting, versus throwing a multitude of vases, but she still kicked ass.

Sweeney resorted to that frenetic, crazy hyper thing she sometimes does as Sami is worked up about something. It's like she consumed 6 venti Starbucks espresso double-shots before she walked on set.

Shadows of the Reilly past... Sami meets up with the priest at The Brady Pub, even though all of Salem was watching the fireworks at midnight earlier that same evening. I guess Caroline extended the restaurant's hours?

The Bo/Aiden fight scene was great! What a fantastic follow-up to Friday's cliffhanger. Personally, I would've turned on a light in the house at some point, but I suppose during the panic of all the mayhem, that could've slipped their minds.

With today being promoted as the anniversary show (and wasn't the invite to the Salem Bicentennial dated as November 9th?), I too was kind of expecting and hoping someone-- Maggie, Julie, Jenn, etc. -- would be reminiscing at the Horton home, looking at more photo albums and having flashbacks.

With the big DAYS shindig this past weekend, I wonder if all the returning DAYS alums will spark some return castings down the line? Carrie Brady? Marie Horton? Here's hoping...

• Members

Despite my issues with the way they made the plot happen (gambling debts!), the staging, direction, tension, etc. of the last few days with the Aiden/Hope/Bo stuff has all been very nicely done. The stuff they've done with the mood lighting in the background there and at Ben's serial killer apartment has been really stylish, even though you can tell they're pushing the upper limits of their budget.

There's also way too many goofy DAYS touches from their endless, perpetual post-Reilly hangover of the last 15+ years - cheesy smash cuts to extreme close-ups, sepia flashbacks and endless fantasy sequences with canted angles which are all totally unnecessary. You don't need all those goofy, dated tricks which go back to the '90s. All you really need is a dark house, some nice lighting and a desperate man who's trying to kill his wife on their wedding night. And they had that, they should've left it at that.

I was glad to see Hope getting to beat the [!@#$%^&*] out of Aiden, because this guy is an amateur murderer and I don't believe he could take her in a fair fight. I just wish they'd let Hope be the one to finish him off after he got the drop on Bo. They really went for broke trashing that set, which is something GH doesn't do anymore with many similar sequences (which are often too well-lit).

I can't tell if the new Ciara can act at all yet, but I did like the callback to her shoplifting and the whole Julie story. The other new kids are varying degrees of okay (Chase) to green but tolerable (Theo, Joey - a mistake to put those two in scenes alone right now, IMO). The guilty sex scene between Brady and Theresa on Friday - with him stripping off while telling her it's wrong - was also really hot and very well-lit. They objectified his image as well as hers, which was a nice change. Their dysfunctional attraction to each other seemed like a real, visceral human situation, which is not something DAYS is regularly familiar with anymore.

Another place where DAYS is tone-deaf on FX, production or story: Sami coming back days after her son's murder to cheerily exposit about E.J. being alive. Corday and co. clearly think this will bring in the rubes and housewives who might be upset about Dead Gay Will. I don't give a !@#$%^&*]! But this has been one of DAYS' primary failings for years and years - major tonal and story whiplash based on Corday's whims and their next wild swing towards ADD plotting. This show has all the ingredients to be great, it could be so much better if you just locked a handful of people out of the studio.

• Members

Marlena and John looking at Sami like "not this sh-t again". Go Sami, get your man! Haters to the left. Good for her for fighting for her family. She's lost so much and this gives her hope. She knows what its like to grow up without her parents...if EJ is alive, she owes it to her children to get him back

so they killed Aidan off....what bulls--t. They couldnt do this 2 months ago and save the character assassination? Not only was it dumb of Aidan to try and kill Hope, it was dumb of Andre and Stefano to blackmail into doing it. Aidan isnt some assassin. Of course he failed. As a fan I HATE that he died and Hope will likely never learn the truth. He will go down as some attempted murderer and his connection to the Dimeras and their blackmail will remain a secret

Speaking of which, how the hell did the Dimeras not know Bo had escaped?

I loved the anger Hope displayed towards Bo. I like that she wasnt all lovey dovey and happy to see him

Ben is creepy as hell wanting to have sex with Abby. Abby should just go ahead and screw him and like many women crawl out of bed when he falls asleep and run!

Archived