Y&R: June 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ouch to the Shick fan, now Nick (who is supposed to be crazy jealous of any man interested in Sharon) is pimping SuperDylan, I LOVE how Pratt has no interest in the ot mess that was Shick!

• Members

Call me old fashioned but it bugs me that Dylan is moving in with Sharon and Sage is moving in with Nick and having his baby and nobody is even remotely talking about getting married when there is one young child involved, Faith and another one on the way. Victoria had Stitch living with her and her kids and I think Adam is living with Chelsea and trying to "win Connor over" which is fine because that's his kid but Chelsea doesn't know that. She's had Adam, Billy and now Gabriel in her kid's life and he's not even two yet. Messy.

• Members

After today - all I can say is "Go Lily!" Lauren is a complete ho, Michael is the biggest entitled as* on the show, and Victoria is completely unlikeable and just like her father. There are so few characters on the show that I even like at this point. That is all. LOL.

• Members

So Michael and Avery are sitting quietly together talking about domestic violence and Lily swoops in and smacks Michael hard in the face. Lily assaults Michael and that's okay but Joe supposedly assaulting Avery is not okay. I'm confused. Phyllis aggressively shoved Jack today as well. These people all need to go to an anger management class. I could really do without all the hitting. It adds nothing imo. It's a cheap, lazy way to create "drama". Having said that I thought CK acted circles around CLB in their scene today. She was excellent and made good points about having cancer not being an excuse to act like a douche. CLB was almost adequate but not quite convincing. He used to be so good I don't know what happened to him. CK could really make an impact on this show if she was allowed to drop the anchor that is DG. Cane would probably not be as annoying if he was not with Lily, I'd really like to find out.

• Members

He's been horrible lately. Sadly I think working with Cady McClain rubbed off on him. I'm so tired of the Yack/fake Jack storyline - Nothing will happen with Victor or him being accountable. When real Jack returns, everyone will just think he's crazy - no one will believe that Kelly was actually alive and held him hostage. All of this stuff is so plot driven and bad...was never Y&R. Plots took years at times to unfold on Y&R....I am OK with it being a little faster than that, but this is lightspeed - Y&R on crack. It will never continue to work.

• Members

Maybe because most of these people barely know each other. The last thing they should be doing is getting married. I'll join you in being horrified that all of these women are letting men they've only been with a few months live with their kids though. Sharon at least has some idea of who Dylan is, but they've been dating all of a week.

• Members

I think it's fine they're not talking about marriage but I completely agree it's so weird how all these women just parade father figures into their children's lives and homes. That's not healthy and really not how any real mother would act. I'm not saying a woman shouldn't date and even introduce her significant other to the kids, but it seems weird to have so many women just allowing all these separate boyfriends to move in and out of their homes.

• Members

Based on the last time I watched (and it's been some time now), I think it's entirely possible that Pratt is writing while under the influence of...something.

Aaron Sorkin admitted to having done coke at times, presumably while at work. Of course, even then whatever Sorkin came come up with, even drugged, is better than anything Pratt has to show, sober or otherwise.

I used to work near to a methodone clinic and someone could make a parallel between the people who enter and exit those clinics and Pratt's writing: either wild and all over the place as if on speed or some stimulant or sluggish and limping along as if waking from some coma-like hangover.

The last episode I saw was the latter- painfully boring and a complete chore to watch. I can't, with this show, not for the foreseeable future.

• Members

I was just coming on her to comment on the surprising transformation of Lily/CK. Turning Lily into someone fierce and angry has really done wonders for CK and the character. They did lay the foundation starting from the plane crash, so it's not unexpected - it's been building. I like the aggressiveness and calling people out - like the nice slam on Devon, when he was trying to be supportive, and Lily shut his hypocritical butt down. And, ITA about them finally pulling Lily/Michael's shared cancer history. There are so many things on the show that aren't working, it's nice to have little gem moments like that. And, I do think that both DG & CK have been handcuffed by Lame - they teased Cane/Ashley a couple of years ago before ED was 'traded' to DAYS. And DG has been working well with TB.

Archived