Y&R: June 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one gets it, Fev. UpChuck said he's grossed out by limp dick stories, so he pulled this out of his ass. He did nothing to setup this change in the story.

This show feels like 3 hours long. So much happening, but nothing happening.

• Members

I'm sure they will. They take a good actor like SE (or Ray Wise previously) and contort themselves to make a cartoonish villain out of him. All of the sudden Avery, who pushed Joe off a balcony, took him home to her apartment and went batshit crazy on him including ripping his clothes and chugging wine, is the victim. Joe's a violent domestic abuser! and Avery's pure as the driven snow. IDTS. Then Joe walks into a bar with Lily sitting there and she asks him if he finds her attractive. Yes, he does. Alrighty then, she gets up and announces she going home to her kids. Why tease him like that? Ugh. Talk about pulling a story out of your ass.

The stuff at the end of the show between Sharon and Dylan had the potential to pull the show out of the dumpster but instead of making it a love scene with at least a passionate kiss all we got was them giving each other a warm hug. Not enjoying their G rated romance.

• Members

Pretty much. The reinvented history of Joe The Big Bad Wife Beater is so rolleyes.gif How many friggin times did these characters revisit the off screen history of Avery/Joe/Dylan. Not ONCE did Avery mention he hit her. Lazy ass UpChuck.

Hell, as long as everyone is running around acting like someone else, they should have had Lily go for a ride on the Joe Express. Why the hell not? lol

Yea, the end was weird. Dylan says all he needs now is Sharon and instead of a passionate kiss, we get...a hug. Awwww. How sweet. huh.png

• Members

That Lily/Joe scene. Just bizarre. I seem to recall they teased them a few months ago. With Cane/Lauren already in motion, I can't imagine they would pass on Lily/Joe hooking up, Lily becoming preggers, Joe dead and a whole bunch of mess and angst. ITA on the Michael story - it's way off the charts if anyone knows the history of Michael (and apparently Pratt has decided to ignore it). Michael DOES NOT QUIT! If this is supposed to come off as some kind of 'selfless' act of love, they are failing miserably. It's very creepy and uncomfortable - and not in a good way whatsoever. I do like the unlikely combo of Lauren/Cane, but not like this.

• Members

Oh, yeah. Forgot about that, but who know with this regime. If they could take PB and make him a doppelganger, turn Phyllis into a sub-sub-supporting character and nearly turned Avery character into something despicable, which was axed by CBS, Joe suddenly becoming an abuser (because with all that history of abuse Avery would be right there by his side at therapy, right, then nothing would surprise me.

• Members

You just nailed why this storyline has been bothering me so much but I couldn't put my finger on it. The way Avery/Joe has played out it's coming across to me like Avery just pulled this abuse allegation out of her ass because it's to her advantage and she's coming across like a nut bag. There's been no mention of abuse through all the Avery/Dylan romance, like years of it, no mention of abuse when she pushed him over the railing and was by his side 24/7 to the point where it caused the break up of her relationship with Dylan but now all the sudden he's a domestic abuser. She looks like she's making it up and that would be a really despicable thing to do. In fact, all the evidence points to her being the abusive one. Good thing I never really got attached to Avery because this past week is enough for me to really be totally turned off the character. I really hope they don't make Joe a woman abuser because there is not one woman on this show who would believably be cowed into being abused. Most of the women on the show have violent criminal tendencies (Nikki, Phyllis, Chelsea, Sharon) or have shot people in self defense, (Ashley, Lauren). I can't think of anything Victoria has done but she probably has done something. Probaby the writers are going to make Lily the victim and have Cane ride to the rescue. Boring!

Victor really went at Sage hard trying to get her to move out of the GCAC. I like how she held her own and refused his pressing. She's a bit badass and I like that.

• Members

1) Halfway through the month and is the show still Y&R in name only?

2) Any word on the reported contract negotiations of Jill Farren Phelps? Just waiting for the inevitable announcement that Charles Pratt Jr will be sole Executive Producer and the promo for the swarm of locusts that will conveniently target the Winters (thus freeing up some extra budget) before they turn on Victor (who had originally summoned them), who then becomes the hero by getting rid of them in the name of protecting those he loves.

Yes, it's one of those (dooms)days...

Archived