Y&R: June 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jonnysbro, I asked you this before, but you never answered. Just what was so "smart" about the writing under Jean P.? You act as if it was so intelligent and so layered and so deep, but it wasn't.

Please don't compare it to Pratt's writing, which we all know sucks. I truly don't know what you're talking about when you call JP's writing "smart."

• Members

That went right over my head! Lol sorry!

Sullivan is horrible today. She went from pleasant to mean bitch in no time flat.

It's sad there's nothing else to talk about. CG, SC and JH couldn't even save the show for me today.

• Members

Someone in the writer's room needs to be assigned the task of asking "why" when story ideas or scenes are being floated. Like there was no reason for Sage to go to def con 1 when Gabe suggested the baby might be his. The idea had to have occurred to her because she was there when they had sex. The scene made no sense. I guess Sage is just another bat [!@#$%^&*] crazy bitch like most of the other women on the show are lately.

Sharon and Dylan aren't selling their romance very well. They seem more like friends than a couple that's passionate about each other. There's no touching or other indications that they care for each other when they're together. Say what you want about Nick but at least he attempts to share personal space with Sage, hold her hand and look into her eyes. Gabe is flirty and charming with Chelsea. Dylan? Nada. I think if SB reached for SC or touched her hair she would respond but I guess he's relying on the writing to convey emotion. Mistake!

• Members

lol. It doesn't seem like a lot to ask to pretend to be hot for Sharon.

Mission accomplished. He looks like a [!@#$%^&*] meat puppet with Sharon, going thru the motions the script calls for. I read somewhere that his wife doesn't want him to do love scenes because it's against their religion or something? I hope that's not the case because if it is he's in the wrong line of work and he's messing up his chance to work as a screen couple with one of the best actresses in daytime.

Speaking of not hot, Hillary in bed with Devon wearing what looked to me like a parka and snowpants. Could she be anymore covered up. I think she had a scarf on as well. I continue to hate them as a couple. Devon needs to stop pretending he feels any loyalty or gratitude towards Neil for stepping in to help him when he was growing up. He's done nothing but screw Neil over every chance he gets.

I love how the show throws in picture of an actual freighter to add realism to the Jack doppleganger storyline. Like that's what's wrong with the storyline, the sets. Not the fact that Ashley can't tell that Fack is not her brother and Phyllis doesn't notice any difference in her husband.

Ashley's abusing pills because.........her neck hurts? Did she do something to her neck? She was rubbing it a lot today. I might have missed this plot point.

Lauren and Cane started making out, Nikki blamed Victor for her drinking and dumped him and Avery kicked Joe out of her apartment after finding out he could walk. Seems like a lot of things happened today and yet the show wasn't all that exciting.

• Members

Major non-SB fan here, but I've seen that rumor before and I don't believe it. He has always said his wife has better things to do than watch soaps or pay any attention to what his character is doing. Although he said that when he was on GH, I doubt she has suddenly converted and become a Y&R viewer.

His friend Scott Reeves has been their pastor/religious counselor for a long time, and Reeves did some rather graphic love scenes when he was on GH. Given that, I doubt it's based on religious qualms.

It's more likely the result of ongoing body dysphoria on SB's part, and that's also part of the reason he has never been able to do physical scenes well. He really hates taking off his shirt and only does it when he can't get out of it because he has never been satisfied with how he looks.

• Members

Even when SB has his shirt on, I don't see any romantic chemistry between Dylan and any of the actresses he's been paired with. He does have a nice platonic chemistry with Sharon Case though. Kind of reminds me of how Avery has great friendship chemistry with Michael and Lesley but I've never found any of her romantic pairings the least bit interesting.

Pratt and JFP have just decided to play to Kelly Sullivan's perceived "strengths". Anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, go to You Tube and watch KS' 'performances' as Connie Falconieri. Truly, just OTT awful. I see that display in Sage's future. The crazy/ratchetness has just begun to show itself.

Doesn't matter whether some hate Hillary and Devon, they appear to have a pretty sizeable fan base, judging from the fact that Pratt obviously felt the need to create some scenes for them on the most recent episode. The fans have spoken, so it appears.

Does anyone even care whether Lily and Cane split up at this point? Are they even still relevant?

Suddenly Ashley has a pain in her neck (could it be Victor?) and is popping pills? Did she have an accident? Neck strain moving test tubes and beakers? Where's the lead in to this story? Is building story no longer important on this show?

Or am I missing something by only reading spoilers?

• Members

Bryton and Mishael did another video chat. It is amusing that CBS continues to give them so much press and promotion when they are barely onscreen. I guess they are trying to appease fans when they know this airtime is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG9PzWhNJNo

Archived