Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Every character on this show has been degraded to the point that everybody looks pretty damn worthless right about now. Pratt does not know how to write one single character on this show. Just a mess.

The majority of the characters on this show have become so worthless that they have become expendable.

Joe and Stitch are relatively recent characters who could be turned around with better writing but as of now, both could be off the show for six months and it would make no difference to me.

Kelly needs to go now- her character is just painful to watch.

Sage has outlived her usefulness or her entertainment value. She worked better as a peripheral character, but trying to give her a more meaty storyline and more dialogue was a mistake. And the last thing Nick needs is more spawn, although, I suspect that:

At first the Jabot lab seemed like a good idea as long as Ashley was working in there. Now it just seems like some ridiculous way station for Victoria and Chelsea to mewl at each other. And Victoria couldn't look any more out of place in that lab-just ridiculous!

Why don't we see the Newman Enterprises set any more? In the age of speakerphones and Skype, couldn't Victoria conduct business from Newman?

Having Peter Bergman play a character named Marco Anicelli is absolutely ridiculous! He couldn't pass for South American on any level. Even if they tried to say he was Italian, it would still be laughable. I know there are fair skinned Italians as well as German descendants in South and Central America but those people look more ethnic than PB who looks Scandanavian to the hilt! They should have made him a Viking drug lord who runs an operation in South America.

You practically need a lobotomy to watch Y&R these days!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So much word to all of this. What is really disappointing to me is the whole Dylan/Sharon hook up. Dylan and Avery break up and they both cry and rightly so because their relationship has gone on for years, both before and after Dylan's deployment. Exit Avery, enter Sharon five minutes later. She professes her love for Dylan and he says basically "too soon" to which I was like- damn right. Sharon exits and based on what happened later I guess Dylan was thinking, did I really just let that fine piece of ass walk out of here without hitting it? So he beats feet over to Sharon's place and proceeds with a not romantic, not hot sex scene. I guess it wasn't totally terrible but the set up killed it for me. Not only that but Sharon's not well and Dylan knows that. She has a history which he is aware of and she just broke house arrest by showing up at Nick's UG opening. Clearly she's not fully in control of herself and I can't shake the feeling that Dylan ether does or should know that. She does stuff impetuously, without thinking due to her mental illness (we're led to believe) on a regular basis and he's been around for several instances. He should not have initiated sex with her at this point while she's not in her right mind. It's taking advantage.

Stitch hooking up with Abby after having sex with Ashley in the shower makes me not like him. I don't think Stabby has any chemistry and now any relationship that could have been with Stitch and Ashley is toast.

As far as the cabin murders go, I don't care at all. The story is so convoluted and nonsensical I lost interest a long time ago. I hope someone is enjoying it.

• Members

It wasn't hot to me either.

What I couldn't figure out was, why was Dylan practically in the shadows in those scenes? Did they not want to explicitly show too much of Burton? I thought the filming of the scenes (lighting) was artful but it seemed an obvious way to obscure Dylan/Burton somehow. His love scenes so far come off as very self conscious and ambivalent.

• Members

Y&R is winning at the moment. At least GH has a few [and I mean few] bright spots on the canvas. Y&R doesn't have any. I could say Sharon/Dylan & Hilary/Devon pairing but with Pratt in power, I am not even holding my breath.

Yes to all of this.

With Joe and Stitch, I feel like Pratt is failing to create any foundation for them in the long haul. TBH, I don't see the two even being on the show in two years. In all honesty, I expect both of them to go eventually go crazy or do something immoral that'll [as that's what Pratt does when he wants a character gone] lead to them being ushered off the canvas.

With Kelly, I've always been on the fence with her. Early on, I thought she was worthless, but once they had her start scheming again Phyllis at the start of the New Year, I thought it would be good for the character. She could've filled the void that was left by Diane--Phyllis' rival that can easily go toe to toe with her for Jack's affection. I find making her go nutty is a copout and it won't mean sh-t down the line. Jack will take nothing from it. Phyllis will take nothing from it. Victor will not pay for it. Because of this, Kelly should've just left town with her tail between her legs.

I too hate that Ash's lab is being occupied by baby hungry Victoria. You'd think after all those years they had this character cry for a baby that working would be the last thing on her mind. IMO, I don't lie watching her beady eyed ass shoot off order to Ash. And I don't care for her rivalry with Chelsea as it'll be one-sided. Victoria, being a scion of Victor, will of course emerge victorious.

Just pathetic how in the dumps this show has become in 5 months flat.

• Members

Pratt doesn't even try. He just spews out junk every week to collect a paycheck. What's really disconcerting, though, is the way Angelica McD and Steven Kent have let him run amuck. They've got to have some idea how extremely dissatisfied the fans are. Are they just thumbing their noses, assuming because the ratings haven't fallen off a cliff yet that the audience will hang in through anything? History with other soaps, now gone, prove they won't. Characters manipulated for purely plot purposes always send audiences fleeing. Manipulating them as if they have no histories or backstories is the laziest form of 'writing.' The show is a royal, over the top mess. JFP and Pratt need to be gone yesterday.

• Members

Very good point..writing is terrible..if they were trying to make Fen llok good..it sure did not.

And to top off all this muck Paul said a serial killer is loose in GC...Hardy should have been the killer..What crapolla.

• Members

I watched for 20 minutes and turned it off I was so bored and annoyed. Michael is a grating dumbass, Sage and her unborn Newman bastard need to die, and I can't believe they're really about to pin the Cabin Patch Kids Murders on Hablo Espanol Jack. I enjoy Sharon and Dylan but I hate that he broke up with Avery and boinked with Sharon the same day, cheapens the pairing.

Things have quickly gotten to MAB levels of bad, I didn't stick around for that messy bullchit and I'm not sure I have it in me to do it now. I'm not the type who sits and watches crap just so they can snark on it, if I'm not enjoying something I stop giving it any energy. So with that said I think its back to His & Hers live viewing for me.

Archived