Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Cheap, how I wish! I was saying figuratively that the character went over a cliff long before they killed her off. Speaking of going over a cliff, not a bad idea for Sage though-wink.png

Kelly, I'm not really sure how she died exactly but I think she was stabbed to death because what I saw in the Spoiler video (I admit, I haven't watched faitfully) was a bloody hand.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about RA. If they had a decent acting coach to work with the Young'uns, The younger set could be good...but obviously, they aren't going to bother. Maybe the $ they waste on Sag every day could pay for the coach. Maybe if they sat the UpChuck's pets, Bummer and Gabby down in a room and made them watch how Camryn Grimes performs, they might learn something...She brought RA up to decent today...

What a waste Tobias turned out to be.So many things could have been done with a young, unattached male pot stirrer on the canvas. I think LB is all right as Kyle, but the writing puts me to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Maybe they could have paired Tobias with Gabby...rather than sloppy thirds from her MOTHER AND SISTER...ewwwwwwww. That's what you call keeping it all in the family....

Where is Jess Walton??????????? I guess Upchuck can't handle writing for seasoned actresses with talent...other than screwing Nikki six ways to Sunday. At least MTS is making the most of the crap they give her.

Snidely Whiplash one and two Victor and Yack are bordering on beyond ree-dee-cu-lous...You Got Dat...????

• Members

Doubt it. The kid could be Nick's, but she also had sex with Adam.

The secret is not out about Adam. Jack knows and Adam does not know that Jack has been replaced, so Adam is treating Fack like he knows the truth. Fack has mentioned something is up with Gabe to Victor. I think Victor has brought Gabe/Adam closer for this reason, but I'm not sure. Victor is definitely suspicious though.

Nick's reaction to Sage's pregnancy is so unrealistic. They barely know each other. Nikki was spot on about that.

• Members

First episode I've seen in like 2 months. Not much has happened it seems. Lol

Sharon Case looks DA Bomb. The cute Faith actress is back - for good? Avery and Joe - seriously. BORING

Nikki is taking drinks again. But at least Melody and Kristoff play it smooth. Overall: so much yawn...

• Members

Had to love Faith sending soooooooooooooooooooooomuch shade to Sag....It's like she's speaking for me....

Again, thank you Camryn for bringing up the younger crowds acting abilities. They all are a little (very little)) bit better with her!

Sharon....what can I say, flawless.....

• Members

Forgive me here, but I actually watched Monday and Tuesday's episodes. Um, when did Neil end up in jail and when was Nikki "assualted?: When did the Tobais thing turn into definite killer? Last we saw was him flatlining and Mariah/Kevin finding evidence. It's almost as if a whole set of scenes were skipped. I'm all for leaps over boring repetitive stuff, but if I've watched an episode and tuned in the next day, I shouldn't feel like I missed stuff.

On the plus side, I'm really digging Nikki/Neil (and everyone knows how I feel about KSJ, but he certainly has been quite good during the past few months). I loved Neil 'outing' Nikki and not playing along - that was a surprise and it worked well. I know MTS has talked about possible thing with Neil, but why can't two characters who have common history/connections, but have never really been around each otther that much, automatically be paired up. I really like them as friends via life circumstances.

Oh, and just have CG in every scene with the young ones - she really does make everyone better. (I know I say this a lot, but it's true.) It all started with JM, who really could use some strong doses of Mariah right now. Speaking of family, I get that they are repositioning Sharon again and shockingly it is working with SB, but, seriously, Sharon would be finding as many ways as possible to reconnect with Mariah.

• Members

I CANNOT with drunk Nikki. An old lady being desperate to relive her youth and acting and dressing like she's 17 is not cute anymore. Does Melody Scott Thomas even care anymore?

CG is one of the better young girls I've seen on a soap but the praise gets to be overkill.

I miss Kelly! At least Cady McClain was hilariously awful. Some people can make bad acting endearing and entertaining and she's one of them. Far, far more entertaining than people like heinous Robert Kelker Kelly and John Wesley Shipp.

Not!Jack is really not as 'scandalous' as my coworkers think he is. Ugh! Don't care.

Burgess Jenkins is still cute smile.png love him

• Members

I cringe while reading through any Y&R recap these days. Everyone lost their soul and what made them special, and are now just floating bodies doing whatever pops into Pratt's head while he's sitting on the toilet.

Props to the part of the cast managing to make something work.

• Members

Eh. Today's show was not good. Who the !@#$%^&*] directed this episode? Producer? Crap job.

It was nice to see Victor open up and see that EB can still do emotional stuff.

The same characters are on this show everyday...Sag, Summer, Abby, Jack, Victor eat up 4 days a week, saying the same [!@#$%^&*] everyday.

• Members

@ GMac, I feel like Y&R hasn't had a director for years now. Or at least an effective one.

I've seen videos/clips of soap actors talking about the pages and pages of dialogue they have to memorize and see them going over dialogue with scene partners in hallways, dressing rooms and makeup chairs but these days you almost never see clips of anyone functioning as a director except to say CUT or ACTION.

WLS blog, the other day, posted clips from one of the Daytime Emmy awards ('93, I think) and when they got to the Direction category and showed the clips, I couldn't help but feel a little sad seeing the quality of the scenes. It was obvious the work that Directors had put into those scenes. (ATWT won that year and made an awkward joke about fearing they'd be the Susan Lucci of their category. Of course, it was another 8-9 years before Lucci would win her Daytime Emmy).

Today's Y&R, you're right, I don't see the hand of a good Director in the shows. Haven't seen it for years now.

Archived