Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sag and her sorry azz need to hit the skids...yesterday...

I knew a Sharon/Dullan love scene would be "special" O_O Burton's wife always gets her way. Certainly lived down to my expectations...

Me llamo es Yack, y yo soy un asesino multiple...Hi Yack...

So a Peruvian drug lord was following how Fenmore Baldwin got a decent grade....Yep....Happens every day....

Keep it up, Chuckles, you may kill Y&R by 2016...

• Members

What kills me about Pratt is that not only is there no plan or method to his madness, but he always goes for the most convoluted but at the same time cliche, and obvious route. The stories play out in the most mediocre, idiotic and predictable way you could think of, almost like he's following the hack writers play book to a T. The kicker is if he would just take some time to plan things out he could accomplish the overall story goals with less fuss, and in more interesting, less pathetically trashy ways, AND get more longevity and bang for the buck.

Mariah/Austin/Summer/Kyle/Fen/Abby had potential story that could have been played for a good 3-5 years that was basically handed to him on a silver platter, and he threw it all away for a cheap Pretty Little Liars rip off that will be over and forgotten by the end of May Sweeps. This Jabot/Newman merger could have been done without this stupid doppelganger mess and been 1000x more entertaining and you could play it for at least a year like B&B is doing with Rick taking over Forrestor. Instead we get Peter Bergman pretending to be latino, Victor being outright vile and Cady McClain playing low budget Kimberly Shaw. Its all so awful.

• Members

Yeah. And then today after the sexual healing or whatever they had Dylan says he needs more time to figure out what he wants and what's best for both him and Sharon because he doesn't want to make a mistake and hurt Sharon. That's why you don't jump into bed with someone, all those reasons yet he did and I feel like punching him in the face. And then Sharon runs off to butt into Nick's relationship with Sage. I just can't care about any relationship Sharon has right now, she's too off the wall. It's exhausting. This show is exhausting to watch.

• Members

I FF through most of Y&R when I bother to watch online (yes there is a way to FF online video, if your fingers are dexterous enoughwink.png ), so maybe I missed this but can someone please explain to me how in the name of Pablo Escobar can a Scandanavian/Viking looking South American drug lord escape notice long enough for there to be absolutely no pictures of him, especially when he's supposedly as prolific and notorious as Marco "the Viking" Anicelli?rolleyes.gif

We have pictures of the biggest Mexican drug lords, we had pictures of Pablo Escobar, but we don't have pictures of a guy who looks the spittin' image of a scion of an international cosmetics company???

That would be like, if some Bolivian guerilla who looked like Ralph Lauren managed to remain in the shadows while pillaging, killing and taking hostages. Ridiculous!

I'm just gonna keep on reading the spoilers and watching the occasional scene or two, because I simply cannot with this show.

• Members

Did Kay Alden or Sally Sussman Morina submit bibles, or did JFP not even bother to put them in contention for the job? If poor old Jeanne Cooper were still with us, one can just imagine what "wonderful" storyline he'd have had in store for Kay. His Y&R is really, really terrible, and this is coming from an AMC loyalist who didn't think his work at AMC, at least initially, was totally awful

• Members

I've stopped DVRing this show, but I do watch it when I happen to be home. Today was one of those days.

Sage is nauseating. If JFP is trying to make her the heroine of Genoa City, it ain't gonna happen. If she is actually knocked up, that baby isn't Nicks. There's nothing interesting about the character or the actress.

Nikki drinking again out of the blue is pathetic. Sure, she's been eyeballing the bottles for a few weeks, but please.

I have nothing else to add about Yack/Marco that hasn't already been said. It's a train wreck.

• Members

just adding that Jamey further said that Both Kay & Sally's bibles were very much inspired by Bill Bell and thats why JFP went to the top & got Pratt. JFP doesnt wabnt to have Bill Bell anyway involved in her Y&R

But JFP wasnt expecting Pratt to also be an EP and Jamey said JFP aint happy

• Members

The most horrible thing I could think of that Pratt would do with Kay would probably me either her actually teaming up with Victor over the Jack/Marco Yack stuff, or her finding out and being blackmailed by him to keep quiet cause he found out she once had lesbian feelings in the 70's...something tedious like that...

Archived