Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing might be bad and the stories over the top but it doesn't mean you have to act it out that way. I would love to have seen what Cynthia Watros would have done with it. And I know - people gripe that she was only on for a couple of months and that no one cares about her. Well - I started watching Y&R because she was brought on to the show. She sure as heck wouldn't have had the wild crazy nutso eyes and WAYYYY over the top gestures like Cady does. CM is awful to me - always has been. So she can unfriend me, LOL. Bergman was awful as well on both counts....both in the hospital and on whatever unruly Caribbean island he's in a shack on with Kelly. The show has gone downhill so badly - and I don't even know why it's not reflected in the ratings. I guess because I'm still watching.

And everyone seems to be in love with Kyle...I think he's horrible too. LOL.

• Members

Cady's a good actress. The whole story is just so OTT and lacking in subtlety and nuance, I'm sure she's being directed to play it that way too. Yeah, it can be painful to watch, especially since she and Bergman have absolutely no chemistry. Every time they share a scene, my mind drifts to wondering what a Cliff Warner/Dixie Cooney pairing would've been like. I'm half-waiting for Palmer and Myra to show up lol.

• Members

And would someone please coach Eric/Victor to stop ending every 3rd LINE with, "OK?" It drives me CRAZY. "I'm here to protect my family, OK?" "You undahstand this, OK?" "You just run off now Billyboy, OK?" OK? It's so BAD.

• Members

Not everyone. I wouldn't say I'm "in love" with him, more like lust. Have you seen those lips?!? wub.png

I keep hearing this. I didn't watch ATWT when she was on and never watched AMC. She's been consistently bad even before she turned into Back From The Dead Crazy Lady Rapist.

I haven't watched yesterday's show but it sounds like the only reason to watch is Justin. wub.png

• Members

This is extremely bad (immature) dialog.... I actually cringed when she said it...I've always thought her (psychologically) abused by Victor they aren't and haven't been pleasant to watch for most of their tenure together.

As for the new Adam Justin whatever he's ok I just don't see this abundance of hotness that makes my toes curl maybe because he's stuck with that dreadful Chelsea who could leave tomorrow and I wouldn't miss her... i just never cared about her character.

I think Sage may be knocked up ... she felt woozy so...... but is it Nick's or Adam's?.

What is Neil doing with Victor? Although I didn't enjoy him being inserted into Devon/Hillary's romance or whatever... I jumped up and down with glee when he told Devon/Hillary off ...its been like a minute and he's expec to forgive them because Hillary kept him out of jail...Huh? Dude you're his son and were screwing his wife...

I guess they are going with a Sharon/Dylan romance and they're flipping Avery to Joe which she needs a partner with an edge since she doesn't have one.

Cady's Kelly started off awful and remains awful (for me).

• Members

Today's show was kind of good with a couple of exceptions. I too do not see the hotness of Kyle. He's the same type of verticaly challenged beige little twerp as Devon with basically one facial expression, stick up the ass. They add nothing to the show imo and should both be written out.

The scenes with Gabe and Victor were good. I love the way JH is playing his role with Victor. It's so obvious to me that Gabe is Adam because Gabe has all the same issues Adam did and the same personality. It looked today like Victor was starting to catch on as well. And he didn't say "OK" at the end of any of his lines today, I was on the alert for that thanks to Fevuh. I think EB really gets into his scenes with JH because JH is a good actor and engages with his screen partner like the professional he is and EB responds to that. JH was also good with Victoria Gabe picked up right where Adam left off with her as well. Good stuff.

Even orange Billy wasn't bad today. He's so much better when he's not in a relationship. The actor didn't click with Victoria or Chelsea so it's better that he's just interacting with his brother and the Newmans at work.

Today at the UG Sharon word a sage colored shirt (which looked awesome on her) when she was talking to Nick and then Sage walked in. Coincidence? I don't think so. Stuff like that keeps me from getting bored. lol, just kidding it doesn't keep me from getting bored. Sage was all happy and crying with joy today and Nick was his usual super good dad (to be) and I like them together.

Archived