Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amelia Heinle is actually surprisingly good as a cold, petty bitch. The problem is they're not interested in her being this kind of character on a regular basis, it's plot-oriented. (I also don't think she is able to carry a serious romantic storyline as Victoria without defaulting to her romantic ingenue persona, which curdled over 15 years ago.)

• Members

Why did they bring back Leslie and Barton for two day cameos. I thought we were going to finally get the tri with them that we should have gotten last year instead of pairing Neil with Hilary. But no. Thats been vetoed again. Now we must suffer through neil with ANOTHER woman whom he shouldn't be with because...I can't figure out why!

• Members

So if the show is revolved around Mariah and Hilary, who do you propose they pair these two up with if Hilary is too much woman for Devon? And Mariah? And Summer? If they can't be with the guys their age connected to canvas then what? Jill mentoring One or all is great but then what? This show is couple centric and that's how TPTB wants it and it won't change. So do they put these young, fresh characters with these 40 year old played out men like Nick, Billy, Neil, Cane, etc?

• Members

It's not hard to figure out how much [!@#$%^&*] Chuckie gives about the Winters family, just going by the airtime after the plane crash, so if they barely get any airtime it's a given that Leslie and Barton won't get any either. They're just being cast instead of dayplayers for the doctor/attorney roles.

• Members
There are only 3 on contract (Bryton, Robert, and Lachlan) to the many and varied 40 and 50 year olds plus the 60 year olds they want us to think are 40s (Bergman and Doug Davidson). You're gonna have to do more than recast. You're gonna have to get rid of some older guys plus bring on characters the show has no interest in like Nate, Chance, Scotty I suppose. As long as they are played by young men (under 30), I'm all for it.

• Members

You seem to think I'm calling all the over-40 veteran males a hearty crop of stars. I'm not. That doesn't change the fact that Grimes and Morgan also deserve more capable partners.

• Members

How will they get them with the sh*tshow known as the current Y&R? If this were 1985 or 1995 or even 2005, they might find good looking guys who can actually act and have wit and charm but as it is now with this awful show, Bryton and Adamson are pretty much as good as it will get for the foreseeable future.

Ooh, maybe they can find someone willing to go to Y&R part-time while they do their webseries or audition for primetime.

Oh wait...

• Members
well, I think bryton is good looking and can act. So...

Adamson needs to really be given a chance. I thought that story with Courtney was a failure. No one was invested in that relationship for Noah losing her to have any emotional impact.

Archived