Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From SOD in the "Stuff we know and shouldn't tell you"

IMO this is so YR cause it's pretty much what happened at AMC

Despite the positive public reports that the stories have improved on this show, some of the actors are secretly grumbling that their character's are suddenly behaving out of character

• Members

biggrin.png

Hopefully not for long, although they DID want this, asked for it and let it happen.

"Suddenly"? Suddenly? blink.png Y&R characters have been out of character for YEARS. But I guess Pratt finds ways to take that even further.

LOL at "positive public reports." From who?

But YAY if the cast is complaining. The more it happens, the sooner they'll get rid of this damn goaty crusty muthafucka.

• Members

laugh.png You're right on both fronts. They've been out of character for awhile, but it really is worse and very noticeable right now. I'm just surprised anyone in the cast still cares. I figured their spirits were broken long ago.

• Members

I'm so glad you wrote this. It's right on point. SC has somehow managed to keep Sharon viable no matter what. I remember years ago when JC called out SC as one of the true professionals on the show who worked her craft. I thought it was odd because at that time Sharon was pretty much nice girl and Kay rarely interacted with Sharon. I can't recall an episode when SC wasn't engaged. She is always on mark. I may have disliked the stories she has been given - ok hated most of the past decade, but I don't think I've ever FF through a scene with her. Strangely I've actually liked this S/L and I've been shocked I'm liking the Sharon Dylan dynamic.

• Members

Where is Jill? Her one-time stepson, one-time lover is in a coma (as far as she would have heard), not to mention her son's busted engagement and tanked nuptials and the feuding factions of the Abbotts and the Newmans, shouldn't Jill be trying to benefit in some way from at least all corporate hell breaking loose?

Wouldn't it be funny if Jill walked into the hospital room with Faux Jack in bed with Phyllis keeping vigil by his side and the first thing that Jill said is "Honey, that's not Jack!" in that husky voice.

• Members

My response to the above is 'how do you prefer your torture?'

I'd never speak for others so for me, I don't miss the previous head writers and felt they, and Josh Griffith beforehand- try as they may to be traditional and soapy- were not Y&R writers. It's certainly not difficult to be more nuanced than what we have now but that does not constitute 'smart writing' and that's the only time I intend to indulge this poster.

Plus, the show has/had a specific identity that takes a specific writer/producer to makes work.

The show could have had Kay Alden or/and Sally Sussman Morina back... That's the way I look at it.

I don't watch the show now and have made an informed decision based on what I read and on the recaps that I will not until the day Jill Farren Phelps, Charles Pratt Jr and Tracey Thomson are gone from the credits.

However, I feel that CBS and Sony have gone all in with this group and will dig their heels in, cover their ears and bury their heads in the sand.

Part 1 of the referenced interview was all the confirmation I needed that the decision I made was best for me.

• Members

Mariah stands around making catty remarks at the Newman heiresses while doing her little minimum wage job for their father/brother. lol

Maybe Mariah could invest some time and energy in building a career instead of wasting her time being so jealous and envious.

Archived