Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you. Clearly I have tried to forget this show at times.tongue.png

I find myself only checking in now and then these days to see a good comedy. I feel bad for the truly good actors on this show (i.e. Gina Tognoni, Justin Hartley) that have been pulled into this.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jamey Giddens now stating he misses Jean P at the helm. My response is me too. She wrote a y and r thst could have bored people but it was slow paced, intelligent and she should have been give free reign to tell her vision. Take for example I was warming up to Kelly under Jean by the end. I thought Kelly had mental issues but she wasn't a crazy cartoon pyscho which is what Pratt wrote. It's plot driven and he sacrificed a character that Cady was excelling in. I remember how great the Kelly snd Phyllis scenes Jean wrote they were full of great subtext great dialogue. Now Kelly is a plot device which makes zero sense. Just taking Jeans best stuff and trashing it.

• Members

She was on too short a time and she left but I loved what Jean was writing for Kelly by end I saw her love for Jack and her psychological issues. Maybe Jean was going to write an honest storyline of mental illness but now it's all plot driven cartoon. It's plot driven to move plot and now Cady exits it's wasted potential opportunity.

• Members

LOL. Fevuh for the WIN!

I admit, that Starbucks observation is true.

Are you serious?! There hasn't been a good story written about mental illness on this show in like two decades! Phyllis and Isabella were marginally serious but if we're really going back to a thorough, meaningful story of a struggle for mental clarity, I'd go back to Ashley's abortion aftermath. Sure parts of it were judgemental but Eileen Davidson played the hell outta that role and it was more well rounded in Ashley actually getting meaningful treatment and dealing with her trauma. Every other story about a mentally ill character after that has always had a bit of cartoonish-ness about it (Sheila, Phyllis, Isabella). They were still far better than what we're being subjected to now.

I tried to get through an episode last night and you know what's worse than sitting through Y&R these days? Having to watch Y&R online while trying to sit through that janky CBS website.

Peter Bergman must love playing Fake Jack because he doesn't even have to pretend to give one good damn about anything and FakeJack can spend most of his time groping Phyllis and looking clueless and unconcerned.

The cabin murders story needs to end yesterday. It is an insult to anyone with a modicum of intelligence. Give GC's 20s something interesting to do. Is Summer still in school? I almost never see her with a book.

• Members

I can't believe Sharon sent that text to Avery. lol! I thought the writers were going with Shylan but it looks like Sharon is just angst for Davery. Rats, I like Avery with sexy Joe.

I won't call names but I see at least two characters who are little more than wallpaper. I wonder if Chuckles will get rid of them?

• Members
haha Not a problem. That storyline still freaks the hell out of me, I'll never get that 'dead' and demonic-looking Cameron out of my head. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't rehashed that with Summer and Austin by this point.

Honestly, I'm getting to that point myself. I quit watching once before during MAB's reign with that Diane Jenkins murder mystery, and I'm this close to quitting all over again. Sharon Case, Gina Tognoni, Justin Hartley and Melissa Claire Egan are the only reasons I'm hanging in there.

• Members

Sage is one of my favorites! I hope (believe) she is preggers with the next Newman heir. It would be awesome if both Sage and Chelsea got pregnant. We would have 2 Newmans and an Abbott as potential baby daddies! I was sick of WTD stories before, but this one would be soapy goodness.

Barely 21 year old HK has two Emmys and a thriving career, and of course she is a classic beauty. So all is right in her world.

• Members

Haha

I was fully expecting Yack to have amnesia. Why not kill two soap cliches in one fucked up story.

Why hasn't anyone (Ashley, Billy, their lawyer) questioned the authenticity of merger? Oh right, it would have killed the "writers" twist about the signature. Victor really is an ass and Neil should tell him to shove it.

At least they've dropped that asinine murder charge against Sharon. For now.

They really need to better explain Michael acting the way he is. Show us something. His doctor telling him he's terminal. Something. He is coming across as a selfish prick.

Avery and Joe should stay together, I agree. And move somewhere far the !@#$%^&*] away from Genoa City.

Archived