Y&R: May 2015 Discussion Thread

• Members

Latham used a lot of pop music in the background and for musical cues too. The Crimson Lights soundtrack pretty much played for everything. MAB did bring back some of the old music and used it a lot her first year and after that it was occasionally but a lot of it towards the end was forgettable, generic soap music. I think at one point Rauch even recycled some of Santa Barbara's music.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup, got up-chucked on again with today's show. I guess Billy and Chelsea "made up" off screen. Y'all were right, nothing has any lasting impact on this show now.

Cady is still god awful. Why are they writing/directing her to talk in that pathetic baby voice? No bueno.

How much longer are they going to drag out the Adam reveal? It's been what, 8 months now?? I thought they were planning it for May sweeps, but it doesn't look like anything is imminent.

Ugh. huh.png

• Members

The smart thing to do would be have Adam tell Chelsea, and only Chelsea. Then she becomes his woman on the inside, helping him take apart Newman. Doing this story this way is the same mistake so many shows (OLTL in particular) have made with their bad guy/bad girl combinations - inevitably the woman devolves to the long-suffering, clueless dupe instead of remaining an active, vital partner in crime with agency. Say what you will about GH and Sonny/Carly, but Carly knows exactly what Sonny is and is always on the inside with him.

• Members

Yikes. Hopefully tomorrow's previews will be true. When CM tweets that she's only playing the character as it's written. Whatever honey. Do the Directors and Writers tell you to do CRAY CRAY eyes, and nutso expressions...and sound like a little girl when you speak? Hopefully BYE Cady. Horribleactress.com. It's not about the writing, it's about what you do with it. Excuses. Just like she did when she skated from AMC to ATWT repeatedly. BYE.

• Members

Sorry but I totally disagree. Not everyone has the gift to turn sh-t into sugar. Cady isn't one of those actresses, but I am not going to fault her for that. In this case, I am blaming Pratt 100%. This writing is sh-t. What else can she do with it? Oh yeah ... Nothing.

And Cady was stellar on AMC and ATWT. I don't know what shows you were watching. Her first runs on both shows were great. Especially ATWT. She killed it as bitchy Roseanna, which is what Pratt should've done. He should've made Kelly into a b-tch that rivaled Phyllis. But that was too hard. He had to play the psycho card, which is an easy task.

And we need to blame the director(s) too. If a trained professional that the actors are supposed to instill trust in does not tell them to rein it in then that is on the production team.

Cady has a bit of the blame but I don't blame her for making the choices she made. The writing was sh-t so why not give them sh-t.

That aside, Y&R was pure garbage on all fronts.

And as one poster brought up--when did Chelsea and Billy make up? It wasn't too long ago he berated and slut shamed her in front of all of Genoa City. So now he is taking Connor to appointments? Ain't no way. I don't know a single woman that would allow a man that demeaned her to be around her child that soon. This was just another excuse to put Billy and Gabriel in the same room for the 100th time and spew the same insults. Billy tells Gabe he's obsessed, and Gabe tells Billy he's not Connor's dad.

Can we get to the f-cking reveal already?

So funny that Pratt/Phelps don't want this show to be like Bell's Y&R but they try [and I mean TRY] and emulate his expertise of telling a long, slow building arc.

Chelsea screwing Adam should've been the giveaway for him. Much like Phyllis screwing Marco should've been the giveaway for her. And I hate Phyllis, but I hate watching this woman be blindly violated when there are going to be no repercussions. Victor is going to be forgiven at the end of the day. This will be another crime that'll be swept under the rug, thus killing the credibility of this show.

• Members

JFP you can pair BROADWAY STAR Kelly Sullivan with Josh Morrow and make them have a sex scene every episode, you can dye her hair blonde, you can do a who da baby daddy story with the Newman brothers. She is still not going to happen. Not on this show and certainly not with her acting. Hang it up, flatscreen and someone better push this chick down a flight of stairs before that kid is born.

I see we've reached the portion of Pratt's tenure where he starts pulling out old Melrose Place scripts. The role of Allison Parker will now be CTRL+F and replaced with Nikki Newman. On one hand it entertaining, on the other its just gotdamn tired. I do hope her and Neil start boinking.

Sharon vs Nikki is always wub.png

Tobias being apart of the Cabin Patch Kids Murders is one of the most pathetic...I mean they even pulled out the old die before he tells any...you know what I'm not even giving that dumbass plot anymore energy, because its just dumb.

I did enjoy the increase in Mariah today. She did more acting in that short scene with Noah at Cassie's grave than some of her contemporaries have done in 4 months on the front burner of this dumb ass Cabin story. I just wish she wasn't shackled to Kevin like Maxie to his Spinelli.

• Members

Sage and Nick are an actual couple (not just f--k buddies) and are having a baby? Gross. I loved the shade Nikki gave them

h8KHJD2.png?1

Sharon looks amazing!

GlbgTYS.png?1

She does not

Not liking that Nikki is back to hating Sharon. BTW why is she still drunk? It seems like everyone knows now but they accept it as normal

Billy is referring to Gabriel.....I thought the secret was out that he was Adam?

• Members

I thought Tobias was interesting, if sketchy, in that nerdy/cute sort of way. Figures, this regime would kill him off.rolleyes.gif Meanwhile boring Billy and useless Sage are still among us. (I do think Sage looked better as a brunette, what was wrong with her other hair color?). Tobias could've just as easily replaced Austin as dating/marrying Summer while spying for her grandfather on Jabot (and at that time what she believed was her father's family business) and then uncovered some deep dirt and got disgusted-- and it would have been every bit as interesting, if not more, than what we've been presented with in this so called Cabin Patch Kids Murder mystery.

One positive thing was I like Noah and Mariah's scenes together. You could see the bond forming between them (and deceased Cassie) and it actually seemed believable that Mariah would be motivated to help Noah 'get justice' for Jumpstreet Barbie (could I have forgotten her name alreadyblink.png? ). Even with RA's somewhat limited acting skills, it still proves that given the right writing and set of circumstances, he could actually be serviceable, (and dare I say it?) grow in the role. CG should be having the same amount of intriguing storylines that Tracy Bregman had at her age, a troublesome redhead, although I'd prefer to see Mariah a bit more nuanced than mean girl Lauren was.

I've decided that Y&R is free to keep Billy and Victoria as a couple if we only see them as much as Cane and Lily these days but not more often than that, since I no longer think of Billy as any type of dynamic or interesting character on this show. Victoria hasn't interested me in years, so both can take their dull as dishwater pairing off to the side somewhere.

Nikki's storyline is going in circles but MTS seems to be lapping it up somehow. The way they've been writing Nikki and Neil, each impetuous in their own way- it seems made for an affair of some sort between the two but we know this is Y&R and it is highly unlikely that they'd ever go there.

Is anyone shedding one single tear over Kelly's demise? Nope, me neither. The character had promise in CW's hands but quickly diminished then fell off a cliff. When I saw those preview/spoiler with the bloody hand, I immediately thought it was either Kelly or Sage. I wanted both gone but somehow I knew it would always be Kelly.

Archived