B&B - April 2015 Discussion thread

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While it was somewhat satisfying that Wyatt is now alerted to the fact that Maya is Rick's Achilles Heel, I wish they would've set this up as something more original other than a scenario from yet another overheard conversation, which they already did with Carter. A different modus operandi would've been nice.

I guess though, this gives Wyatt something to do as he digs further. When this all gets brought into the open, I hope B&B goes big and and splashy and I hope Bill and one of Spencer Publication's online newspapers will be involved.

I liked the scenes with Maya and Nicole today and I liked the scenes with Nicole and Carter yesterday. It seems as though they're tryng to soften Nicole's image, I don't mind a little passive aggressive attitude but I hope they back away from the blackmail angle.

Even though the scenes with the estrogen falling out of the purse had holes in it, KM played the anxiety really well. I do think, though, that if the writers want to inspire more empathy for Maya the person, not just Maya the transgender person, they need to have her speak up the next time she hears Rick bully, taunt or tries to humiliate Ivy or Ally. She cannot chastize Carter for trying to bully her in one moment and then stand idly by as Rick bullies Ally or Ivy, especially in their downtime at home. Whether in the privacy of their bedroom, sequestered in the office or in front of others, it doesn't matter but Maya needs to raise the issue somehow-- it's a big discrepancy that I think prevents some from truly feeling for this character.

• Members

People are often complicated though. You can be both sympathetic and awful. I kind of prefer that Maya be as awful and as loving towards Rick and as tormented about her secret as possible. Just because we know the truth doesn't mean she should just all of a sudden be a nice person and have learned all her own lessons.

The women Brad's father wrote were often rootable and hard to root for. For every Cricket and Traci and Olivia and Caroline there was a Nikki, Victoria, Lauren, Phylis, Stephanie, Brooke, Sheila, Jill, Katherine, Drucilla and even Nina. Not always easy to like characters, not forced always to be sweet and a victim. Complicated.

• Members

I don't like Nicole anymore either. She had promise in the beginning but now I can't stand her for this reason. Acting all nice to Maya today after continually threatening her to get what she wants makes no sense. I'd rather she just be an all out brat than to go back and forth.

• Members

Agree about Nicole. And Maya actually. Nicole just bounces back and forth to get what she wants. Blackmail/understanding/blackmail/loving sister, etc. etc. And now, we know Maya has as well. She'll tell Rick as soon as he asks her to marry him. Just like she told Carter when they were engaged??? WTF? LOL. And now Maya says RE: the estrogen - it's for her to regulate herself. Regulate what? LOL. That bleedin' you don't have? WHATTTTT? But she's always honest and doesn't hide secrets...Maya would never do that. I'm so sick of the obvi writing with Rick and her at this point. This story can't go away fast enough to me - what could have been done decently is now a big old horse pile. The introduction of Nicole brought this whole story down. And maybe Caroline missing - which is a shame. And now add to that Wyatt's big ears listening outside a conference room (which already happened with Carter)...and you just knew it would be Wyatt or Quinn to find something out....it's just so blah. Manipulators doing their thing. I fully expect Wyatt to hear something and then run right to Mama Nuts...."GUESS WHAT MOM!"? I feel bad for Darren - he's written like a 14 year old. My patience with both Y&R and B&B and all soaps are fading...it's just so bad.

• Members

I can agree with that, but Maya WAS a good person and not devious until the 'change' this fall, which she explained - being nice (and insecure) cost her Rick, etc. But she wasn't being a complete B about it - she was direct about what she wanted. Considering that Maya was a victim of bullying, etc from her parents and likely others growing up and as she started to transition, it would seem that watching Rick use those tactics - especially when they aren't necessary (Rick won! He got the job, the 'girl' and his father's approval), he should be completely different. Like Nicole, the writing is completely off-the-wall - it's as if the previous script writers are working independently and decide how a character should behave on their specific episode. For all the attention to production, this is a glaring problem - and it all started near the end of January. I get they wanted to create the takeover story, but like Brooke's boozing and Nicole's bizarre behavior - it's trying to force a plot by making characters act in way that just don't ring true.

• Members

I can assume now that Nicole has her foot in the door, she understands that telling Maya's secret takes her straight off the gravy train. Just before she was being all lovey dovey with Maya she was being her brat self in that photo shoot.

Archived