GH: TV Guide interview with Maura West

• Members

Oh and she got there when the show was getting buzz again, and getting better ratings than it has in years. I may not be enjoying it, but somebody is. Lots more than two years ago. Or even 4 years ago according to the recent sweeps.

The poor woman suffered through a not great run on Y&R, and a decade of ATWT is going to be cancelled rumors. Let her have some fun with a great part and a show that people aren't currently on the deathwatch for.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She said you could tune out for months and nothing would happen.

Generally, that wasn't really true, IMO.

The problem with that is that you can say it about any soap, if you want to get that generic. Someone who stopped watching GH a year ago likely last saw Sonny talking about bitches and whores. They tune back in, and what do they see? More of Sonny talking about bitches and whores. Alexis currently has the same story she's had about four times now. The mob wars are as pointless and dull as ever. Lulu and Dante have had the exact same storyline for several years now.

Nothing really happens on GH.

ABC just ordered a possible replacement for GH - it's on the deathwatch.

I don't begrudge her her comments. She has to get paid, she's not doing this show for artistic reasons. She should say what she has to say to keep her job. I just wish she had not directly referenced ATWT that way, because I think it was a bit of a dig at a lot of very talented cast and crew in the 80s and early 90s.

• Members

I didn't read it as a slam. I saw it as her talking about her childhood. Her talking about ATWT is no different than when any of the rest of us talk about Golden Girls or other old TV shows.

That said, I find it ironic when she says "Nothing would really change, and that's why people didn't feel the need to watch every day." That's still true. There's no real twists on the soaps. It's the same old thing: triangles, baby rabies, paternity switches, and rape.

• Members

GH is a hot piece of hotness and Maura has every right to be happy. I liked her as Carly on ATWT but could tell her last few years she was bored to tears there. Y and R screwed her royally. Ava is a phenom and Maura better win Emmy next year. She's a marvel to watch.

• Members

I can't blame her. This is possibly her last chance to make money on soaps. It's not like there are 8 other soaps she can hop to. Maybe she is happy at GH, if she is, that's great for her. I hope she stays until GH ends it's run. If she isn't, that's unfortunate, but I don't expect celebrities to be honest about their feelings when they speak publicly.

Archived