GH: TV Guide interview with Maura West

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And yet the ratings were far higher and more consistent than the ratings for "Cartini" GH. Hmm...

I know she has to say this stuff to keep her job, but a lot of things would happen on ATWT in those periods of time. Far more than on GH, where nothing happens, because it's just a few scenes of sharting with no one ever bothering to wipe.

• Members

West: I think it's so exciting that they didn't! This writing team is extraordinary — the twists and turns are so smart — and Ava couldn't walk around with that secret forever

This must be in everyone's contract a requirement of them to say about Ron Carlivati. Donna Mills said almost the exact same thing.

Poor Maura..the Pods have gotten to her brain. Oh well.....

Her whole interview smells of RC and FV ass licking.

• Members

And remember what Ron said about only knowing how to write a pregnancy storyline...he knew how it started and ended...and all the middle stuff...thats all the s h it he knows how to write..everything else he huffs and puffs it out of his ass...lol

I'm very disappointed in this interview. I thought Maura was well...but I guess you are right Carl...she needs a paycheck. I didnt care(like) for her ATWT remarks. Trashing Marland...is a no no....in my book.

• Members

A check is a check, and she has about 5 kids, so I can't begrudge her. She kept it vague, so it could have been the people who were at ATWT before him too. It does make me a little sad, because the soap "press" already says that Ron is superior to Marland, so this just further cements that delusion.

• Members

I know folks got to keep their jobs, but its really disappointing for MW to say this:

"When I was growing up and a big fan of As the World Turns, you could watch in February and not tune in again until May and pick right back up again. Nothing would really change, and that's why people didn't feel the need to watch every day. [GH executive producer] Frank Valentini and [head writer] Ron Carlivati move our show so quickly now that you must catch it five days a week".

I don't need to read anything else :(

• Members

It called the middle of the storyline...laying the foundation for the great ending that had you saying so thats why this happened and this happened...why didnt I see it then instead of Ron's writing..I saw that coming a mile away...and what already the story is over....

• Members

Who in the soap press said this? I googled it and found that a FB poster said that Ron's writing was on par with the likes of Lemay, Marland, Nixon, and Phillips.

Marland in this age of hypersensitivity, would've picked apart for his farm boy "fetish", quasi incest pairings, and the Synders would've been accused of eating the show alive.

Archived