GH: TV Guide interview with Maura West

• Members

And it's really not "negative posters." It's posters who call the show out for the crap it serves & those that don't see it.

Where does this notion that you should only watch and/or comment if you like (or obsessively support no matter the quality) a show come from?

If the show is bad, it's not my responsibility to stop watching. It's the show's responsibility to do better!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because, for many viewers, GH is more than "just a soap opera." For them, GH -- or any soap, for that matter -- is like a dear friend or relative. (Not literally, of course, hardly anyone is so delusional, lol.) If you have followed any series for any length of time, it's hard just to walk away from it no matter how dire it becomes. You've come to care about many of the characters on there, so you hang in there, hoping things will turn around soon for the better; and if by chance they don't, then you still try to hang in, b/c once it's over, it's over, and you don't want to feel guilty that you hadn't stuck around 'til the very bitter end.

Trust me, as someone who didn't stick with GUIDING LIGHT until the end on account of extreme feelings of bitterness and alienation from the show, I understand how many of these current GH fans feel.

• Members

Carl, you are the nicest, sweetest person on this board. So don't think otherwise. And as I stated before, no one is going to come for you on some stupid mess unless they wanna get read for filth. You're not fueling anything. If anything, you're helping everyone notice a pest or two that have been plaguing the boards with nonsensical comments for awhile.

Archived