GH: TV Guide interview with Maura West

• Members

Johnny, Look I get you love the show. I do too, well I loved 1978-2002 and Feb 2012-July 2013. 2002-2012 was a mix bag of disappointment, and now I dont know what it is im watching. Lets be real, If GH drops rating points and ABC can find something Cheap, GH is toast

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man that was a long read.

Can't believe how much I am enjoying her go on General Hospital since I literally hated any scene Maura was in on As the World Turns for the last dozen years of the show's run but I really dig Ava Jerome.

And GH. I know a person is considered an evil, insane, brain-dead soap fan for admitting that on here but it's been pretty good and is headed in a direction that I, for one, am enjoying.

• Members

Everyone has different POVs and u don't like the current GH. I can continue my GH gush posts. The show is so healthy and solid. 3 years ago I thought GH was done for gone and it was. JFP and Guzas last years were horrible sadistic garbage. It's weird I thought Guza was good with Wendy. I actually really hated the JFP years. I am just excited things are coming along. GH is hitting all their demos and ABC is happy the show is making money for them. I really would love to see more GH gush posts. I understand how Elisabeth Hasselbeck felt on view with her conservative voice against the majority liberal woman. A different POV should always be welcomed. It's keeps things controversial and fun.

• Members

Guza worked with Wendy Riche becuse she put her foot down and said no. Guza didnt like that and he quit in 2000`

Just because the ratings are better doesnt mean all fans like the current state of GH and thats why there may not be a lot of gush posts

• Members

I really don't know! It's like they see they are in the vast minority and instantly freak out--Oh, you must think I'm stupid, Oh, how dare you! etc, taking it completely personally.

Point is, it's a discussion forum. If someone logically and understandably states their love for a show that clearly sucks, nobody here will persecute them. They'll respond back, joke about it, converse, debate. And then the response will be, why are you attacking me??? blink.pngwacko.png

I disagree with several, newer, Y&R viewers. A few months back, I kept seeing posts about how this was good, that was great, this actor is working. They weren't. The show is complete, unrecognizable trash. But we talked, agreed to disagree, and I didn't cry in a corner, claiming to be bullied, when people argued with me. End of!

• Members

I have at times in the past engaged with fans who enjoy the show. I won't be doing that anymore. If people enjoy it, fine. Many of us don't enjoy it. Some differences just can't be broached. It doesn't become a discussion, it becomes a turf war. So to the people here who enjoy it and feel victimized - you don't have to worry about me responding to your posts, ever, and I apologize for ever doing so in the past. It's just not worth the endless repeated pissing contests day after day after day.

• Members

back to the interview....

I don't know what ATWT Maura was watching in her youth, and granted, things were slower back then....but how is GH any faster? It took like seven months to confirm that AJ didn't do it, and it took nine for Sonny to learn the truth. The entire Carolyn Crawford mess was only 13 months, and that had several different dramatic arcs. Not plod, plod, IGNORE IGNORE...and then wrap it up because SK either got fired/consciously uncoupled/or just didn't have the warm feelies for RC anymore.

I don't blame Maura for pushing her story....but there are times I wish she'd dial it back a little. I don't for a moment buy Ava has some great burden carrying Connie's death around with her. (and that's okay with me). I think Maura's used it to connect with the material at times---but it's really not been written that way.

Archived