GH: TV Guide interview with Maura West

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA - that MW probably dug deeper than the material to make something out of it. Frankly, after so many uneven years of writing on ATWT, I believe that's how she learned to sell every scene. No one could ever accuse MW of phoning it in. And if she's kissing up, who cares? She has a great chance to create another unique character. I really thought she might be stuck as Carly forever, so I don't blame her. She obviously enjoys the genre though I really wish prime time came knocking on her door.

• Members

Exactly (and yes, I, too, have made fun of comments in actors' interviews, so you can save the 'Khan is a hypocrite' comments, thank you). You can't expect MW to say Ron Carlivati's writing makes Hogan Sheffer's look like Douglas Marland's. (Or something like that.) I mean, we all know what can happen when an actor chooses to bad-mouth their HW's work, don't we? ;)

And I'm sorry, but phoning it in? I don't always care for MW's performances, but I'd never accuse her of giving less than 100-percent to the work.

• Members

I'm sorry I don't happen to share your p.o.v., but I certainly wouldn't think you (or anyone else) were evil, insane or brain-dead for feeling as you do. Now, if we were talking about DAYS and the Daniel/Jennifer relationship..... wink.png

Elisabeth Hasselbeck, eh? That's a pretty good analogy. She, too, kept spouting the same things over and over.

This is how:

http://boards.soapcentral.com/

• Members

I don't really see the hypocrisy in that. Sometimes it is funny when you know they are just saying what they have to say. Sometimes, I even think the star in question is acknowledging the joke to some degree. . I've gotten that sense from Thorsten Kaye a few times, for example. I think many people can relate to humoring their boss in order to keep their job. It's simple survival.

• Members

I wasn't a big ATWT watcher (what I remember most was how bad Hunter Garner was since I mostly just watched the early 2000s) but from what I saw of Maura West's run there, she was memorable there. She's terrible on GH. The writing is partly to blame, and it doesn't help that Ava's taste in men is not up to par (Sonny, Morgan) yet Ava acts like she's so plucky, wicked and successful. Some of my dislike may go over to the actress. Still, if MW would go all out crazy cat lady/psycho broad/Mommie Dearest Joan Crawford the same way that Kathleen Gati usually does as Dr. O, then Ava could be a tolerable character.

As for the interview, I don't blame her for praising RC. Lynn Herring (who I enjoy as Lucy!) kept praising RC in her interviews too. It's clearly a good way to keep your job especially since RC is clearly so dependent on it and everyone knows.

I dislike RC so much but I don't care if anyone else sings his praises or bitches him out. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. There's no point in fighting on some forum. Agree to disagree. The intense debates are hilarious!

• Members

Unbowed unbent unbroken...that's my motto. (well it's someone from Game of Thrones)

GH stuff here is just a constant catch-22 of unpleasantness and I've been meaning to post less about the show anyway. The show doesn't deserve the attention, frankly. If characters like Lucy or Felicia or Bobbie or Monica or what have you do something interesting I will just post about that.

• Members

Why do people who whine and complain about the show still watch? GH had its best May sweep in viewers in 7 years! That tells me that they are adding viewers. Good riddance to the negative whiners. Please stop watching. Maura loves her job and it shows in her acting.

• Members

Once again, just because viewership increased doesnt mean all those viewers like what they see on screen. However being longterm GH fans they stick with the show

That describes me, I have no idea why GH is doing stories it does now. However if I survived Guza and never left, Cartini wont get me out either

Look why cant we all tell our OPINIONS and be respectful. What is this, negative posters stop watching? That is unnecessary

Archived