How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

• Members

Harry Potter boy and his girlfriend are killing me with their vacant stares. I want both of them off the show. Seriously why is he so stupid?

The actress from Weeds is the guest star. I'm happy about that, she's a fun comedic actress.

Connor has become my second favorite. Love their new nicknames, the Ice King and Prom Queen.

Edited by Skin

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I did not buy Harry Potter Kid in his rant to Keating about the poor, poor drug addict he has a hard-on for. That was Cliche Network TV 101, bad writing and he delivered it badly. I lost a lot of respect for Keating when she went for the cliché and took that case.

I don't remember/care about any of the other kids except for the gay guy and the fratboy. The chick insecure about her bicurious man is too over the top. This is junk TV I am watching for Viola Davis, it's slick but it's too frantic and not rocket science.

• Members

Ok, I lied.

I turn on the show and Connor is banging another dude. I will give the producers credit for bringing frank depictions of gay sex to broadcast TV, even if there's no substance to any of it. The ratio of gay-to-straight sex on HTGAWM is high.

But wow, the acting is baaaad. Like syndicated adventure series in the early '90s bad. Connor's conquest's speech before he fell out the window was just sub-amateurish.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I like that they are developing each of the characters -- specifically Connor and Micheala episode by episode. This episode highlighted Connor, the previous episode highlighted Micheala, the episode before that the moral one and the premiere centered around Alfred.

The guest star, who played the assistant was really bad.

This show reminds me a bit of Nip/Tuck.

• Members

The assistant who killed himself was decent until that last scene -- then he wass all kinds of awful.

The whole stock broker storyline ended lamely. Just a mess of a story with two supposedly brilliant brokers becoming morons when police asked them questions.

The Twitterverse was going nuts over the show, the ending, Viola removing her makeup, and those last 9 words. People are falling all over themselves to praise this show, and while it's decent, it's not THAT good.

• Members

I will wait for the day d**k can be said on network television. That was simply an awesome scene watching her take off all that stuff and then saying that to her husband. He seems like the type that would have you sleep with him in order to raise your grade from a F to an A or B+ depending on how good he thought you were in the sack.

I so need Connor to prove he's worth more than simply sleeping with people in order to get information. He reminds me of the people that f**k for musical tracks in hopes that it'll be a hit and boost them to stardom.

• Members

Viola is the absolute saving grace to ABC Thursday nights! The last scene was just so powerful. Removing all of the armor and stripping down to her most vulnerable self as only Viola Davis can?! Wow!

Otherwise, NONE of the supporting cast moves me. I do like the hubby, tho. The case of the week is weak, especially when you have so many other dramas doing them. I wish Elizabeth Perkins was on my screen more in anything. Last time her saw her wonderful ass was on The Closer!

That Emmy is Viola's! Next week looks like "don't miss it or die".

• Members

She is but I think they knew that when they cast her... she's much like Octavia in Red Band Society. She's the saving grace and the one that captivates you when you watch the show everything else is just drivel and boring.

See the supporting cast, I agree with you but I'm most intrigued by Laurel... but like someone else said on another place I go. I fear they may do something with her that'll make me be like meh. But I do like Laurel a lot. I liked when Annalise encouraged her to speak up and have her voice heard because she liked her ideas.

EP is simply awesome and needs a television vehicle of her own.