How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

• Members

I shouldn't stick to sh!t I don't watch. If you're not confused then CONGRATULATIONS!

I absolutely love this clip ABC released and TVLine uploaded.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/07/how-to-get-away-with-murder-video-michaela-fiance-spoilers/#tvline-comments-553674

Wes, Laurel & Connor are my absolute favorites. I hope he's saying what I think he's saying because I want to see Michaela's reaction to THAT!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The court room scenes are becoming the most boring thing about the show at this point.

The male lead of this show is annoying me with how stupid he is, or maybe it's just the way the actor is playing him. His gullibility makes me want to push him off a cliff. "You're calling Lila's phone?" I mean really, did we really need to know that? Or is he just inanely stupid.

Annalise, says the same thing each episode. This is the time where you prove your worth.

Micheala Pratt, is becoming my favorite of the bunch.

Edited by Skin

• Members

The naive guy who apparently was in Harry Potter is quickly becoming the weak link which is sad cuz as a person of color I was hoping he'd stand out and be the one to root for. instead he comes across as very weak and dumb. His voice is very childish and I just can't take him seriously.

That aside the cast is really really good. And the dynamics at play between the 5 of them working for Annalise is really starting to get good. I didn't like how the gay guy took pleasure if making Michaela suffer over her fiance...that was a low blow. But the guy does it so good.

Frank developing a little crush I did not see coming. And the way the case this week just stalled was sort of weird.

• Members

Oh snap! I didn't see that coming but I ain't mad at it. Shaw was hot. But she foul for leaving her kids. I hope she gets hers... I need this to pop back up. I'd drop the case personally but that's just me.

I loved her line to Michaela... it is so true but it could be said to and about anyone. I need these people to get flashlights in the near future.

Annalise should not be trusting that cop, I'd pick one of those kids before I'd go to him. She humiliated that man on the stand and she thinks he's going to help her all willy nilly?

Connor was so swole that he loss his prize. I like Laurel, a lot... I was so indifferent to her before the show but I really like that character.

Oh hey, another Orange Is The New Black actor... Ms. Alysia Reiner at the end of last night's episode plays(ed) Fig.

• Members

Did you see his other pics SS? He posted like a crap ton right before S2 of OITNB. He used to be like a trainer or something dealing with weights. It just looks so off when you see his head/body ... but he built. Mama like.

Edited by London

• Members

I think the case of the week should be done away with.. perhaps make the case span a couple of episodes instead of one episode.. have multiple cases that start, climax, and resolve at different speeds. We could get to know the five players, two law associates, plus Annalise better this way.

I had high hopes Annalise would be a ball buster.. but the way she acted all weepy with copy man in episode 2 reminded me of Olivia Pope... ugh.

• Members

I found it believable but they played it too straight. They should have played this out a bit longer, had him drop hints maybe about him knowing something she didn't and have her slowly unravel on what his secret could of been, maybe even start a triangle. But at the same time I am glad it was a non-event because the boyfriend is a dead end actor, who is the least interesting of the three of them and Scandal doesn't need to start up this C story anyway.

I did find him kind of mean spirited, but it was also written oddly. It seemed like the guy wanted to bond with her over the fact that they banged the same guy, mean while Micheala was having this crisis of faith over her boyfriend. Just really weird cross purposes there.

I agree with them needing to do arcs, instead of the procedural case of the week. I don't care about them and it's becoming formulaic. As to Annalise's character I like that they are making her multi-dimensional and giving her vulnerability underneath the tough demeanor. I think Viola Davis excels at that kind of vulnerability which is why she was given that Academy nomination for The Help, and given that killer scene at the end of the film. But I do question her frame of mind, she strikes me as being a character that is very grounded but at the same time about to collapse underneath all of the weight and pressure. She's had three or four exchanges already where she's about to crumble over various men in her life. Be it her husband, her student and her boyfriend. Why are these men so important to her, and why do they effect her so? For this reason I actually think Olivia Pope is a more stable and healthier character of the two of them. I have no doubt that Olivia would shut everything down in the White House and then have a nice date night with her chosen man, Annalise feels like she's about five or six steps away from a breakdown, given the wrong day.

• Members

I want to support Shonda as a producer, but this show is already a frantic, hideous mess and has lost my attention. The acting is poor, especially from Harry Potter kid. At least Scandal has a handful of fantastic actors (Bellamy Young, Jeff Perry, Darby Stanchfield, Kerry when she applies herself) to make up for the often weak, repetitious, and contrived writing. HTGAWM has Viola, and forgive me, but she seems uncomfortable in this role. This is an Angela Bassett role, in my opinion.

Need to catch up on Parenthood.