How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow so Shonda night did even better than originally reported! The final numbers are in and:

Grey's Anatomy: 10.14 million/3.1

Scandal: 12.16/3.9

How to Get Away With Murder: 14.34/3.9

Bigger success than I ever could have guessed! Impressed by all three shows. At this point, I really think Grey's may match or beat ER in number of seasons.

• Members

Ok now what exactly are y'all talking about. LOL. I didn't even realize it was a rimming scene (or if that's what the show was implying). tongue.png ETA: took a look again and I guess that's how it could've been percieved too! Wow.

I found the actor really smug looking/acting but he did good. Definitely the most interesting of the bunch!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Finally got around to watching it and for broadcast television, it was really good. Viola clearly stole the show but everything kept my interest.

The danger of such a show is that it collapses under its heavy mythology into a massive plot hole (there were quite a few minor ones in the pilot, but no deal breakers), but I'm more than happy to go for the ride for now.

I'm also not surprised this show got more eyeballs than Shonda's other shows - I gave up on Gray's 65 seasons ago and Scandal seemed too ABC (i.e. the romance couplings swamp out a decent story) for me to check out.

• Members

I wonder how much of a drop it will have next week? And while the gay character is interesting I'm not watching for just him. All the characters were quite interesting and hate her or love her but Shonda Rhimes has definitely perfected the art of the "plot twist". So many left turns occurred in just that one episode. I don't want to spoil anything since people may still be debating whether to watch.

But I def appreciated seeing the trial unfold and the various ups and downs they used. Hopefully she continues that with the next episode. The one thing I'm worried about is the murder plot like I mentioned before...

• Members

When the kid walked in on V's character getting oral I was like, damn, then it was revealed the white guy was her husband. Double damn. When she confronted the kid in the bathroom it was hella creepy. I thought she was coming on to him but I guess she wasn't. She seemed sincere. I really like the show. Her character is a bitch and make no apologies but I'll need her to do something about her wig. In the promos it looked great but in Thursday's ep the back kept sticking out. She needs an upgrade pronto.

• Members

That kid is not her son. Or if he is, she doesn't know it. She was coming on to him.

I'd forgotten how tryhard most of broadcast television is now - the editing was so forced, trying to look like a music video. There's certain things network TV is just not good at, especially network TV that is being produced as a middle of the road potboiler. I enjoy frenetic editing in its right context, but when it's poorly done it's hard to watch.