How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wasn't going to watch this because I usually grow bored and/ or tired of Shonda's shows after the first season. But I liked the trailor. Also love Viola and that she is not the only color on the show so I will give it a whirl. Hopefully I can stick with it.

• Administrator

I'll give this a try because it is a Shonda produced show but I've found that her shows where she's not the showrunner (Private Practice, Off The Map) are kind of boring. So I'm a bit worried about this show since she's not showrunner.

• Members

Don't she, though? I still recall first-season "Grey's Anatomy," when it was still so innocent (relatively-speaking) and it seemed as if gf was trying to write serious, seriously good, character-driven drama. She lost me, though, when it started feeling to me as if she and her writers were rehashing every other medical drama and soap opera out there instead of writing from experience and heart.

• Members

I adore Viola Davis - she was so good in Prisoners, which too few people saw and you need to - but this seems like a full-blown campfest on the order of whatever it is that has become of Scandal. They're literally covering up crimes and possibly committing murders; how long can that premise hold up? And I'm not sure Patty Hewes on Damages wasn't a softer touch than whatever this woman is up to.

That being said, I adore Davis and while I don't care for much of Shonda Rhimes' work, I think what she has done and is continuing to do for black visibility in lead roles on mainstream network television is extremely important. And the trailer intrigued me, camp and all, so I will give this a whirl.

• Members

LOL. I will give this a try. Some of the acting looks bad, but this has sleaze written all over it. Did I detect in the trailer someone performing oral sex on the professor? Also, it appears that one of the male students (who's probably NOT even gay) will have sex with another guy in order to acquire some information he wants. Naughty!

• Members

PTC = Parents Television Council?

As a whole, TV watchdog groups annoy me. There's no need to police these shows when there are soooooo many channels out there to choose from. If one particular series offends you for whatever reason, then just...watch something else.

Besides, I was a child of the '80's, when TV series were just as raunchy and violent as they are today (if not more so!), but my parents were in the room with me, making sure I understood the difference between "reality" and "entertainment." And if anything, *I* was the more conservative one, always trying to find something less offensive to watch. (Mama Khan: "You betta put back on my 'Hunter'!")

On another note = GAY BUTT SEX! YIPPEE! smile.png

Edited by Khan

• Members

Yup, those jagoffs. Agreed soooooo much. I'm like, there is so much on and idk if they have the capability yet, or not, but block the damn show! I can't stand groups like that.

LOL, same here. I would try to find something else to watch too.