How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

• Members

Micheala and Connor are the only set of law students who have proven that they can actually get somethings done on their own, and have proven their resourcefulness, in multiple ways. Asher benefits only from nepotism, and Alfred couldn't find a clue if it mowed him down and then hit him again in reverse. Moral girl, seems at such a cross purpose with what Annalise and Co. do that I can't buy her ever truly fitting in. At least with Alfred, I can buy that he is foolish enough to be bended to Annalise's will. Similar to how the assistant bended to EP's character in the most recent episode.

Annalise's assistants are more or less window dressing, so I can't care about them.

On another note, those ratings aren't good. They're collapsing and need to start stabilizing in the next upcoming weeks.

Edited by Skin

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Eh. That's how you feel but I hate that he uses sex so much to get a shred of paper to help her win case after case. Do something else or spread it out. I get just as tired watching females do it too. The only upside is that this hasn't been done on network TV before and I love them for going balls to the wall.

• Members

Him having sex is not the issue. The sex scenes are drawn out, gratuitous, and too graphic for network television. That line "He did this thing to my ass that made my eyes water" was explicit to me. I know I sound like a prude but I think stuff like that is better saved for premium cable.

ETA: This also has been going on on Scandal. Jake fingering Olivia and talking about he loves the way she ride it. I'm all for realistic television but not just throwing sex at the screen just to do it.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

That was graphic? It was like a minute even less. Thats the problem why should we save that for cable. Its on at 10pm. Kids are in bed. Its how people talk about sex, act during sex and then when they talk about it after. Seemed spot on to me.

ETA: Ive seen more explicit sex on Daytime. Bold & Beautiful back in the early 2000s with Brooke & Deacon for example

Edited by John

• Members

I get what your saying. I dont get why sex is still so taboo & why showing the realities of sexualities is so called progressive. Its a part of Life & should always be a part of TV and film when telling stories about characters living their lives.. Yes I would say Connor & the office guy was not tasteful. It was sleazy and it was supposed to be and Im glad they followed thru on it because right now it seems to be the kind of sex Connor likes to have.

Edited by John

• Members

Since Annaliese removed her wig and it was supposedly a powerful moment I hope Viola can finally get out of that God awful wig. The real crime is that travesty upon her head. As for the rest of it... blah. The show is trying too hard. Nothing feels organic.

• Members

My fear is that they'll scapegoat the gay content for any fall in ratings. It's clear that Peter Nowalk has a mission to push boundaries with gay content on broadcast TV, and I think that's a worthy mission. We've seen so much "graphic" straight sex and similar innuendo on TV that it barely registers for us. Remember all of the heaving buttocks on NYPD Blue? That was in the '90s.

I have admired ABC's willingness to stand behind shows with casts that reflect the subways some of us ride every day and allowing folks other than straight white folk to take the lead. I don't want to see that curtailed.

Edited by Faulkner