How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

• Members

Viola is everything!

When she told Wes "Don't you leave this house", I almost cried. Annalise falls apart and pulls it back together w/in a matter of seconds and Viola does it effortlessly! Clearly THE best actress on television and we are only left to determine who gets Supporting Actress in a Drama series.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why do people care about this? Honest question - I see that brought up a lot. I don't have a dog in that fight about network vs. cable standards. From an adult viewer's perspective, it's all just TV to me, and the rest is up to the network censors and bean counters to care about. I'd love to see network television push the envelope a lot more when it comes to sex in the same way that foreign TV does; how many times are we subjected to gruesome murders and bloody surgical scenes on shows like CSI or Grey's Anatomy?

• Members

"How to Get Away With Murder" (8.5 million, 5.9/10)

Demo…2.7

​The show is tanking quickly in ratings…..2.5 Men beat it in HH with a 6.9 and tied it in demos with a 2.7

TBBT 4.1 Mom 2.7 2.5M 2.7 McCarthys 1.9….CBS

Scandal had a 3.0 Demo…..

​Was hoping for better numbers from the McCarthys…..oh well...

• Members

tumblr_neae7rsKrW1r6vy8ho1_250.giftumblr_neae7rsKrW1r6vy8ho3_250.giftumblr_neae7rsKrW1r6vy8ho4_250.gif

Not sure what the hell this was, but whatever.

I agree. I'm personally more freaked out over Derek Shepperd taking out half a brain on television, Moreover, I don't consider Conner's sex scenes any more overt than any of the others on television. Again it's not Queer As Folk.

• Members

2 and half men is on at 9pm. Its not their compeitition. The numbers are still good and a second season is highly gonna happen

Yes numbers are down but it won its timeslot

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/31/tv-ratings-thursday-scandal-steady-the-vampire-diaries-parenthood-bones-how-to-get-away-with-murder-down/322070/

Edited by John

• Members

Looking at the demo it's holding steady with Two and a Half Men and Mom (which were both premieres). It's not killing it like The Big Bang Theory and Scandal are, but I wouldn't say tied for third is a horrible position to be in. If it slides down to the 1.9's and lower than I say we have a bit of a problem. Right now it's keeping well with the other shows.

• Members

10 PM is a difficult slot.

McGory is cute and it's nice to see a show willing to exploit a man's body that way (and also to know that some guys look better with their clothes on), but those trousers are not flattering. He must not be close to the wardrobe people.

• Members

Finally, an episode where the highlighted character is actually developed.. especially one that has gotten less focus. Not only did it shed more light on Asher, but default.. we got some focus on Paris Gellar.. oops I mean Bonnie's character as well as Laurel/Frank's character.

I actually think Wes is miscast and having him be the focus is what is preventing this show from being great. Unlike Olivia Pope, Annalise has moments of weakness but gets down to business right away.

• Members

I disagree with pretty much all of this. We knew Asher was a Daddy's boy from the get go. What did we learn about Paris that we didn't know beforehand? That she likes to bang the interns too? Laurel/Frank is more of the same -- that we got from previous episodes. She shouldn't be sleeping with any of them. Olivia is more capable then Annalise to be honest.