Toups

How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

They could kill or jail everyone but Keating, Matt McGorry, Connor and Michaela and I would not skip a beat on retooling the show. And I'm being generous. Everyone but Viola is not a factor for me, really. I find it all very disposable but at least the plot is moving and they've given her even meatier material.

Edited by Vee

They could kill or jail everyone but Keating, Matt McGorry, Connor and Michaela and I would not skip a beat on retooling the show. And I'm being generous. Everyone but Viola is not a factor for me, really. I find it all very disposable but at least the plot is moving and they've given her even meatier material.

You're being VERY generous. They could start over with a whole new cast around Viola next season and I wouldn't bat an eye. I can even remember the names of the characters. If they had to keep one student I'd go with Laurel. She has a pragmatism that the others lack and has been IMO the most competent.

Edited by marceline

I constantly forget one or all of their names. It took me a week to remember "Rebecca". And I agree, I could still lose them all. I was trying to be fair to the show.

Edited by Vee

The students really do drag this show down. The only one I consistently enjoy is the guy from Orange is the New Black. The rest I can completely move on without. It doesn't help that their acting also leaves much to be desired.

The students really do drag this show down. The only one I consistently enjoy is the guy from Orange is the New Black. The rest I can completely move on without. It doesn't help that their acting also leaves much to be desired.

Yes they do. I'm super happy Viola has Marcia Gay Harden for the time being. Viola with those children is tragic! The guy from OITNB still grosses me out. Not sure why, but he does.

I absolutely adore Marcia Gay Harden so I was super pleased when she popped up. She's really the only person on the show Viola doesn't eat alive in scenes.

What is with these clients constantly lying to their lawyers and then expecting help to get them out of a mess they created?

This was a really good episode.

I was not here for Annalise's mother until she revealed she killed the abuser. The scene where she combed her hair was wonderful and I love how we got to learn more about Annalise's past. It definitely has shaped the woman she is today.

Bonnie in the courtroom was cringe worthy. She caught a lucky break with the revelation that the hospital's lawyer and the plaintiff were lovers.

Rebecca's ass is crazy. I knew that once they killed Sam that he was innocent. She played ALL of them with her psycho ass. My heart isn't ready for the finale next week.

This hulking handsome black being stripped and bent over for processing....Shonda you ain't right.

That man is just so fine.... I can't take it.

I always had a feeling that Rebecca was guilty. I hope they kill her ass next week and pin everything on her.

They need to give Cicely Tyson a contract. She played the hell out of that role tonight. I need Momma Ophelia to stick around. But with her mother's arrival, I now see why Annalise is the way she is.

This show is such a hot mess but those scenes between Davis and Tyson were perfection. I felt like I was watching a stage performance of something written by Tennessee Williams or August Wilson. I have such low expectations for Shondaland shows but I can't deny that they occasionally hit moments of greatness and that's what this was. Anna Mae getting her hair combed by the mother who killed for her should be on the list of TV's all time greatest scenes. If there were such a list.

And speaking of greatness....

tumblr_nk2247PTbl1tcbhsqo2_500.gif

Thank you "scabies infestation" without you this moment wouldn't have been possible.

God I love this show, despite what a mess it often is! I just saw the episode ending with the reveal that Annalise was at the house when Wes went back to get the trophy! YAAAAS. And I was thinking her calling Sam and telling him she was wrong just didn't feel right. Add to that the HOT Viola/Nate fuckfest -- my god, that BOOOOODY -- not to mention Guy From Orange Is The New Black :wub: :wub: :wub:

LOL at Connor covering by telling Oliver he's a drug addict.