How To Get Away With Murder: Discussion Thread

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So then this isn't about you. This is about the same viewers who didn't find such scenes in any show objectionable when they involved straight couples but throw a tantrum when it's two men. It's clear what's going on in those cases.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

This show is dreadful. Every single character except Viola is either boring or a cartoon, and Matt McGorry's body is not enough to save it. Connor is just ridiculous, every one of them is ridiculous and over the top except the ones I occasionally forget exist, like the very boring brunette, the blonde woman and Frank the bear. I only remember his name because they say it all the time. This is why I gave up network TV. Nobody (most network primetime shows, anyway) has any sense of pacing or character anymore, it's just one-liners, big moments for Twitter and incredibly frenetic editing that looks cheap when network TV people try to do it like movies.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The problem is that the show does not support Viola's talents. She's much too powerful an actress to be messing around with anything remotely related to Shonda Rhimes. Viola opens her mouth and her guts comes out. Kerry Washington and Kate Walsh are more Shonda's speed.

I have not watched last Thursday's show yet so I will DVR tonight's and take it from there.

• Members

Nothing about that was surprising, but both Viola's hot-ass love scene and Matt McGorry's body were on point. They could dump everyone but them and maybe Rim Guy (Connor) and I wouldn't care. Rebecca must also die. It is obvious she or Blonde Lady (or both) killed Lila Stangard.

I will give this another couple shows when it comes back, that's it.

• Members

Connor is a vapid, bitchy cartoon like almost every other character (aside from the ones that are idiotic wallpaper, like Brunette, Frank, Black Harry Potter and Blonde Murderess) on the show except Viola. Decent sex scenes but he doesn't interest me. McGorry's character, while OTT and a ridiculous caricature most of the time, is one of the only others that approaches human on occasion, as he did tonight with Blonde Murderess Lady.

• Members

That was pretty awesome! I had been feeling let down the last few weeks but last night made up for it. I was disappointed that Wes got the spotlight of the kill, but they compensated big time with the last few minutes. Viola is a damn beast! I love her more than so many things. The way Annalise was working this out during the final 15 minutes was amazing and very clever by the writers. The plot lived up to the title!

But what still has my head spinning is Sam and Annalise's opening scene. That was some of the finest work I have seen on a TV show in a very long time.

"I'm done covering for you, I'm done believing in you, I'm done loving you - GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE" was beyond amazing and Viola's delivery gave me chills! I wish she and Sam had worked because I like Viola and Tom's chemistry.

Viola is THE frontrunner come Emmy time. I'm not even seeing a close second!

Matt grosses me out big time! Not seeing what you guys are. But Billy's body? Wow is all I can come up with.

Connor can die a quick death or a slow death. Doesn't matter as long as he dies!

Loving Lynn Whitfield, however. I would love to see more of her!