The Taylor Swift Thread

• Administrator

So you're saying if that award moment never happens, Taylor doesn't become the superstar that she is right now?  To take away this women's success like that is pretty unfair.  At that moment, in September 2009, she was already a big star in country music, winning a lot of awards.  Yes, that incident did get more people, the general public, to notice her, but you need more than just going viral to sustain the amount of success, at super high level, for so long. 

She became one of the most successful musicians in history because of her talent; her work ethic; her discipline; having great family who supports her (a big reason why she has a good head on her shoulders and never went off the rails like many artists who had success at a young age); her strive to always wanting to improve; she listens to people and is always keen on getting advice from those who came before her; her ability to connect to people at such a deep level; her appreciation of her fans; the way she was able to cultivate an fanbase at the beginning of her career was masterful and she continues to find new ways to bring in new fans and to show appreciation to those fans old and new.   I think this last point, and her work ethic, is what sets her apart from everyone else.  I don't think there's any artists that appreciates and love their fans more than Taylor.   And that's how she was able to hit a peak in year 17 of her career and at the old age (in music industry standards) of 33. 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

How do you know, @Toups?  You say you've followed her career and life very closely, but is that the same as knowing her?  For all you know, Taylor Swift could be playing her fans for chumps.  She wouldn't be the first celebrity in any field who's one way with their public and the total opposite in private.

Furthermore, @Soapsuds might have been wrong to call her a b_tch, and Travis Kelce's mom "ugly" and "fat," but I've seen people who aren't Taylor Swift or Travis Kelce's mom get called far worse on this board.  Hell, I've done my share of the calling!  But I really don't understand why you're taking it so personally in this instance.

Edited by Khan

• Administrator

You're right, there's always a chance of a celeb being not who they are in public.  I'm just telling you from what I've seen, from following her closely, and seeing things that aren't reported by the media, I believe she's inherently a good person.  And of course that's not to say she won't make mistakes or say something stupid in the future. 

I think it's fair for to be call out Ron with what he said. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Every artist/entertainment entity, big or small, have obsessed fans.  We just see it more now because of social media.  Before, they were writing letters, now they're using their phones.  On the opposite end, I've met a lot of "Swifties" who are amazing people, and some of them are going to be life long friends. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Rolling Stone Magazine: Trump Allies Pledge ‘Holy War’ Against Taylor Swift

I know Taylor has her own security team but stuff like this scares me because those MAGA idiots are insane.  Right-wing media continues to mention her more and more and I could see someone doing something really dangerous.  In 2020 when she came out and blasted Trump, there wasn't that much focus on her by right wing media.  I understand why there's more focus on her now - she is the biggest star in the world - and the right wing are afraid of that.

I miss seeing Jen Psaki.  I forgot she has a show on MSNBC. 

• Members

Believe it or not, I haven’t been following her personal life. I stopped following anything NFL years ago, so I was almost entirely out of the loop until yesterday. The MAGA people just look desperately stupid for clinging onto this conspiracy theory. Their usual conspiracy theories are dumb too but this one is among the silliest.

• Members

I must say she’s completely overexposed right now, even in our fragmented media environment (although nothing get closer to monoculture in the U.S. than the NFL and politics, and she’s omnipresent in both at the moment). Hopefully she (and we) will get a break after the Super Bowl.