The Taylor Swift Thread

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the same way you two do.  And I'm not even a fan of Taylor's.

I agree.  It's all getting to be a bit much.  Also, at the risk of over-generalizing, the more she's in the spotlight, the more her fans evolve from being just fans to being cult members.  It's unsettling.

Edited by Khan

• Members

IKR?  LOL!!

The thing is, I still can't see what's so special about her.  Maybe it's my age, or my gender, or my general nature that distrusts most people in life, but I think her vocals are even less polished than Madonna's, and her lyrics are still so banal and childish after all these years, too.  (I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Taylor Swift is exactly what you get when you get a quasi-talented singer/songwriter whose knowledge of literature or life stops at junior high school).  And while she is pretty, she's not what I call stunning, so what is it?

Truthfully, if white America hadn't felt the need to prop her up after that black boogeyman, Kanye West, had the audacity to go on stage and say Beyonce was robbed of that stupid award, Taylor Swift would not be where she is at this moment.  The only pleasure I get from all this is seeing her turn against her more racist fans by supporting liberal and progressive causes (even if the more cynical side of me thinks that's just for show).

They're out there.  It's just a matter of time.

• Administrator

"It’s hard to see history when you’re in the middle of it, harder still to distinguish Swift’s impact on the culture from her celebrity, which emits so much light it can be blinding." - From the Time Magazine article. 

We have not seen this kind of year in decades, and probably never will again, and that is a big reason why Time Magazine chose her.  In 20 years, she's going to have accomplished a lot more and broken more records.  

And to call her a bitch?  What for?  I've followed her career and life for a long time, and very closely.  She is far from a bitch.  Has she done things maybe she shouldn't have done?  Sure.  Everyone has.  But inherently, she's good person.   If you don't like her music, you don't have to be nasty about it. 

• Members

It's been my experience that women - and white women, in particular - are simply more attracted to men who are douchebags.  They SAY they appreciate a man who is sensitive and compassionate about others, but very, very few actually mean that.  [political]This is why Trump's numbers among white women never surprise me.[/political]

• Administrator

September/October was crazy with her colliding with the NFL.  She's not going to get that amount of scrutiny for a while.....unless the Chiefs make it to the Superbowl and she travels to the game after her concert in Japan.  There might be a resurgence of her being in the spotlight for a day or two.   In 2024, she's going on tour internationally and will be out of the US for the majority of the year.  It won't be until the next new, non rerecord, album where the spotlight will be at a very high level. 

The romance with Kelce has been "approved" by the general audience and the fanbase, so that's not going to have a negative impact on her career. 

He was in his early 20's (obviously they were dumb comments, but people can mature and learn).  You're in, what, your 40's/50's?  And you're calling someone ugly and fat, while disapproving what he said?   Okay.  No self-awareness there at all, man. 

• Administrator

That's great if you don't like her music.  I don't expect everyone to.  People have different taste.  But to call her a bitch?  Come on man.   And of course I'm going to respond to you calling Travis' mother fat and ugly.  What the hell is that?  What has she done to deserve that?   You don't like Taylor's music?  Fine.  But there's no need to tear her down by calling her a name.  You don't like Travis?  Fine.  But you don't need to tear his mother down by calling her names.