The Taylor Swift Thread

• Administrator

Just wondering, where are you seeing/hearing her that makes you think it's too much?  I know where I see her, as a fan, so I'm just curious where non-fans see her content. 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

It depends on what you want.  LOL. As a fan, I want her to announce reputationTV in February, so you're going to be hearing about that.  Then during the actual release of the album, there's going to be more talk.  Then we got the last re-release, her debut album, probably coming in late 2024.  So the talk about Taylor isn't really going to die down in 2024.  But the thing is, you probably won't hear her speak - she's not going to be doing interviews or talk shows.  So the focus on her is going to be from other forces.  The "other forces" know Taylor moves the needle, she brings in money, she brings in clicks....everyone wants to use her for that.  That's not going to disappear anytime soon.  And then if we factor in the election, there's going to be more freak outs by the right-wing media when she will for sure tweet on National Voter Registration Day in September.  So if you want a break from Taylor, it will be in 2025......unless she decides to do a second leg in the US, which is my prediction.  LOL.

• Administrator

Holy sh!t!!! She did it!!  I really did not expect the Grammy voters to give Taylor her 4th album of the year, and therefore the most ever by an artist, so soon after winning her 3rd just 3 years ago.  I thought they'd make her wait.  But I'll take it.  So happy for her.  And not only that.....but there's a new album coming out on April 19!!  Holy sh!t again! LOL I can't believe we're getting a new album in the middle of a tour.  Taylor is a workaholic.  Her work ethic is impeccable.  She keeps feeding us.  Us fans are so lucky.  What a memorable night.  So proud of Taylor.  AHHHH

• Members

The won't leave this girl alone. Now so much hate about the Celine Dion thing. Am I the psychopath that I don't see that Taylor NEEDS to bow down and kiss Celine Dion's feet. She won a GRAMMY. It's her moment. 

And I am sure she has given plenty of love and respect to Celine backstage.

People are acting like they expected Taylor to give the Grammy to Celine.

Absurd.

• Members

Taylor ignoring Celine was rude AF. She could have at least smiled and acknowledged her but she trated her like she was some PA stand in on that stage and not a music icon. Thats why people dont like her azz bc she reaffirmed the negative feelings that they already have towards her. I think people are ignoring the context of why this is a big deal. Celine has publicly been sick for quite some time and has been out of the public eye. She got herself together and made the effort to be theree to present the highest honor of the night only to get snubbed on stage. Taylor was self absorbed and fked up for that. She didnt even look at her. It was a bad look all around

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I do think she smiled. Also... that was HER moment. She did not MAKE Celine come out on stage, Celine chose to do that. Why is Taylor expected to prefer Celine over her own emotions WHEN WINNING A GRAMMY.  Are your serious? Can you imagine winning a Grammy... I guess you can't... Would you think about HONORING other people at that moment. Also, are you sure Taylor didn't see and hug Celine even before that... 

You echo all the other comments on the internet - in 2024 people are DEMANDING to celebrities to follow their expectations and morale. Taylor WON and it was her moment. There are plenty of pictures of that night with Celine. Just because in THESE 5 seconds, she didn't bow down, doesn't mean she is disrespectful.

Taylor was REAL and did what she felt in the moment. I love this ABOUT HER. I am sick of people fake thanking and fake honoring other people just so that people will say... Ooooh how nice of her. This is not my world.

• Members

I watched the clip multiple times as its readily available and no she did not acknowledge Celine when she got on that stage. She hugged some woman and had a super excited moment with her and then proceeded to take the award out of Celine's hand without even looking at her. Like there was no eye contact as Taylor ignored her. It was a snub. And this wasnt Taylor's first Grammy so you can miss me with her being overwhelmed by winning as excuse for rudeness. It was disrespectful and no one was expecting her to bow down but a simple acknowledgement on stage would have prevented all the baklash. She was being real and the real her that she showed was that of someone vapid and self absorbed. She couldnt hide that

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Im a millennial. Thats a weak excuse. She's 34, not the 15 year old newbie on the scene when she debuted

Miley's younger and her ackowledging the icon that was on stage with her was a beautiful moment

Edited by Cheap21

• Administrator

Yeah, this whole Celine thing is blown out of proportioned.  It's small things like this, that haters are waiting for.  Taylor can't mess up.  And if she does, people are going to jump on her because they can't wait to take her down.  I've seen this her entire career.  People take what they see on screen for 5 seconds and twist it to make it look like she did something so bad so they can't say "see....I was right!!".   It's like at the MTV VMA awards in 2013 when One Direction was up on stage accepting an award and they cut to Taylor and Selena Gomez, and Taylor mouthed "Shut the f--- up."  Instantly, people jumped all over that thinking she was talking about Harry, when in fact she was telling Selena that in a way friends do.  But it was 5 seconds enough to bring out the claws.  Same in 2016 after the infamous phone call. 

Back to these awards, it was the record 4th album of the year - the most by ANYONE EVER.  She was understandably overjoyed, and she got lost in the moment - look at how excited she on stage hugging her co-producers.  Sometimes when something unexpected happens and it's something major, you're in shock and all your faculties aren't there.  LOL  What you didn't see on the broadcast was after she was done her speech, she turned to Celine and acknowledged her and Celine said something back. 

Taylor is like the last person to intentionally disrespect a legend like Celine.  When Celine came out, Taylor was on her feet and singing the entrance song.  And Taylor is also always standing up and singing along to people's performances, while most people in the audience are sitting down looking bored.  You saw a misstep, in a big moment, and think it's a character flaw because you hate her.  You you still something small and blow up it.  If you think Taylor is self absorbed, you clearly don't follow her and see how she interacts with people, with strangers, with fans.

Yeah, I don't understand that generalization either.  Weird statement. 

• Members

Look, all I'm saying is, it's been my experience that millennials, of which Taylor happens to be one, do not have much reverence or respect for whatever came before them.  Some do, but they're the exception. 

Someone from Taylor's generation might not place someone like Celine Dion on a pedestal the way someone from another generation might, because Celine was "before their time" and therefore, they think she's irrelevant.  Again, some millennials - like Miley Cyrus, for one - might be different, but they're the exception.

Am I overgeneralizing?  Perhaps.  But that's just my observation as a Gen X'er.  I'm not Margaret Mead.  I don't have books of stats to substantiate my claims.  I just have my own, first-hand, anecdotal accounts.  If that's "weird" to you, then...*shrug*.

Edited by Khan