The Taylor Swift Thread

• Administrator

Taylor is literally standing, clapping and SINGING one of her songs, and looks really excited to see her.  Like come on guys.  This is ridiculous.   Look, if she intentionally was bitchy towards someone and did something truly malice, I would say so.  This was not it.  And Taylor is not a negative person.  I wouldn't follow someone so closely if they were because I don't like to have a lot of negativity in my life.  I gravitate towards Taylor because she is genuinely a positive person, and yes of course it helps that I love her music.  She would not have this huge of a fanbase if she was a negative person - parents would not be sharing her music with their daughters/sons, bringing them to concerts, bringing them to the movie theatres to see the concert movie.  They wouldn't expose their children to her. 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Look, I am not going to fight... but you basically think Taylor Swift is vapid, rude and self-absorbed, but isn't the person in your profile pic one of the most vapid, rude and self-absorbed people we've seen ever on television. A person you have defended thousands of times here in this board. Is this a double standard or am I stupid? I just am shocked at how shocked you are. That's all. I am not attacking you... just curious.  

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I never claimed to not be entertained by mess. I have no delusions that she is some great upstanding citizens. And Ive never defended her treachery. Ive called her out on her lies and messiness. Ive always maintained that she is good tv and entertaining to watch in spite of all that. Context is everything. Watching a reality show (where one is expected to fight and get involved in drama in produce scenarios) vs a real life moment of respecting a living icon hit differently. I like Beyonce for example. I have different expectations for how she conducts herself vs a Real Housewife

• Members

This is your biggest mistake, in my opinion. Celebrities of any stature are not dolls on strings that could be moved by public's expectations. 

Just imagine what IF Taylor doesn't LIKE Celine Dion. I am sure this is not the case. But, Just IF. Does she have a RIGHT to not like her and not want to appreciate her? Does she? 

There are some people in my life that are GREAT, but I don't appreciate them, since I have a personal view of them. Again, this is not the case here, BUT EVEN IF IT WAS - Taylor doesn't have to live by your expectations.

What you are saying sounds like it comes from an old dictatorship rulebook. If a certain person A /Taylor for example/ doesn't do what you expect of them, when person B /Miley, as you mentioned her, yourself/ does it, then person A is a bad person that needs to be condemned and publicly shamed.

It's scary how powerful people think they are, when commenting about celebrities' characteristic and morale. If that was your neighbor or your friend, you wouldn't be so quick to write this, since they could pretty much sue you... But when it's Taylor Swift, it's a free arena to judge and condemn. I myself have done it too, but only when the said person is CLEARLY doing wrong and being a bad example. Which Taylor isn't.

In the end, it's easier to accept that some people have a different reality than yours. And don't expect anything from anyone. You are not their mother.

• Administrator

True, but I'm telling you as someone who follows Taylor's every move (LOL), she's not a negative person.   If Taylor constantly did the stuff like Nicki's doing, I wouldn't be such a huge fan of Taylor's.   And the size of Nicki's fanbase is nowhere near the size of Taylor's. 

• Administrator

I forgot to ask, for those who were upset with Taylor "snubbing" Celine, did you just see the clip of her accepting the award or were you watching live?  If you were watching live and saw Taylor standing up, clapping, and singing to Celine's song, how could you see that and then think Taylor intentionally snubbed Celine?  It doesn't make sense. 

• Administrator

Right.  It's okay to admit mistakes and say you're sorry about being wrong.  That's a good character trait to have.  There's always situations where people just want to be angry about the littlest things just so they can bring out the pitchforks to make themselves feel better, or justify their beliefs.  It's like context doesn't matter.  Truth doesn't matter.  Just "being right" matters. 

• Members

Absolutely. And I expected this reaction based on other observations I've made so far.

It's easy to bash Taylor, but it's harder to defend an argument and prove it. And people believe anything these days, just because someone wrote it somewhere. That's how bad reputation gets around, when people speculate about someone's character that they don't know. It's just interesting to me why Taylor does not get a break and she is judged by some HIGH-MEGA moral standard. She is a pop megastar. She is not Mother Theresa or Princess Diana. Even so, she has done nothing wrong to be accused of being vapid, rude or self-absorbed. These are strong words based on a 3 second clip. Without context. 

Edited by OpportunisticSlut