The Taylor Swift Thread

• Members

I take it all back. LOL!!! I've had the first part of folklore on repeat today as I've gone about my day. And...there's just something about it. It makes you want to go...deeper?...into it. It's like a puzzle box to me that I've been enjoying trying to figure out. It has been  quite inspiring as I've been working on writing stuff. Taylor has me thinking 'if she can do that in Lockdown, what could I do?' Makes a person want to be creative.

As far as soon and how they make me feel...I keep coming back to EXILE. the lyrics. the povs. The melancholic feel to it. And It is like Taylor but not Taylor at the same time.

Definitely feeling Seven, August, Mirrorball (not shocked), and the 1 so far. 

Well let's see if I can dive into the other half.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Yeah, stan culture is terrible and now it's so much worse thanks to social media.  You can just look at any tweet from Chart Data and all the replies are basically fanbases trying to one-up each other with "look at how my favourite artist is better than yours" or "[artist] [song] [album] flopped" - it's so annoying.   The latest thing I've noticed from stans is the altering of people's faces into these outrageous expressions - it's so creepy.   

• Administrator

Rolling Stone: Taylor Swift’s Cinematographer: How We Shot ‘Folklore’ Video During a Pandemic

Vanity Fair: How Taylor Swift Directed a Music Video During the Coronavirus Pandemic

So here are my rankings after one week, compared to listening to the album once:

1. exile (same)

2. august (same)

3. this is me trying (+1)

4. my tears ricochet (-1)

5. illicit affairs (same)

6. cardigan (+1)

7. mirrorball (+2)

8. epiphany (+3)

9. the 1 (+1)

10. betty (-4)

11. invisible string (+4)

12. the last great american dynasty (-4)

13. Seven (-1)

14. Peace (-1)

15. Mad woman (-1)

16. Hoax (same)

• Administrator

So close to beating Lover (21,000 in units and 64,000 in pure sales)!  I wonder not having the album in stores affected the numbers one way or the other.  Either way, these numbers are impressive! So proud of her.  She consistently creates fantastic albums and her fans are willing to buy it - gotta keep the collection going.  I bought the album off iTunes and I'm also going to buy the CD and maybe the vinyl. LOL   

Billboard: Taylor Swift Achieves Seventh No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart & Biggest Week of 2020 With 'Folklore'

Seventh No. 1 Album: Folklore marks Swift’s seventh No.  1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart, tying her with Janet Jackson for the third-most leaders among women in the history of the chart. Ahead of them on the leading ladies list are Barbra Streisand, with 11 No. 1s, and Madonna, with nine. Among all acts, The Beatles have the most No. 1 albums, with 19.

Most No. 1 Debuts Among Women: All seven of Swift’s No. 1 albums have debuted at No. 1 -- a record among female artists. Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Madonna and Britney Spears are tied with the second-most debuts at No. 1 among women, with six each. (Beyoncé, Gaga and Spears each have a total of six No. 1 albums -- and all of them also debuted at No. 1. Meanwhile, six of Madonna's nine total No. 1s debuted atop the list.) Among all acts, Jay-Z has the most debuts at No. 1, with 14. All 14 of his No. 1 albums have debuted at No. 1.

‘Folklore’ Is Already 2020’s Top Selling Album: With 615,000 copies sold of Folklore in its first week, the album has already become 2020’s top selling album. It surpasses the previous top-seller, BTS’ Map of the Soul: 7, which has sold 574,000 since its release on Feb. 21.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...