DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank god for JJ calling out his mother/sister and their Daniel worshipping. I need a scene with Lucas/JJ.

Lucas and Sami...grandparents. Wow. Loved Kate and Marlena with the baby, and Kate deciding she wanted to be called Kate.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lucas/JJ scene would be awesome!!! These two need to team up!

I agree I loved Kate/Marlena scene with Arianna, as well as Lucas/Sami grandparents.... I really feel invested in the birth of this baby - more so than most on Days.. I think its because she's a legendary character already.. I mean the grandchild Sami/Lucas...great-grandchild of Roman/Marlena and Bill/Kate...A part of the Tom/Alice lineage.. Will's child. It's kind of like when Prince William and Kate have their baby.. it's born into a royal family and is legendary from day one. haha. She couldn't have had a better birth.

• Members

Seriously. They need to have a lot of scenes between those two. JJ needs some adult to lean on who agrees with him about Daniel and can tell off Jennifer in a way that she might actually listen to (ha!), and I think Lucas would do great there.

• Members

I don't approve of JJ slashing Daniel's car's tires. I think that went too far and I think JJ needs to be discovered and disciplined. The show was doing good at having JJ be more subtle and conflicted before about Daniel, even with the smashing of the MP3 player and the stunt with the train set.

Also, I was confused by whether his friend was ever high or not, or whether that was an act based on the conception JJ was telling him his mom had. I do think for sure JJ didn't take any drugs though (since he didn't seem high or anything -- but maybe he did, it was confusing).

A JJ/Lucas scene might be interesting, but only if it was layered and Lucas was being a real uncle with real concept of right and wrong, with understanding of JJ's grief about his dad's death -- not just Lucas pushing his agenda because of his own past with Daniel. A Lucas being one-note about Daniel like Lucas is with Jennifer, would be a horrible uncle. Lucas can still agree with JJ about Daniel, just without being overboard. With this show though, and how good it is, I do expect any such scene would be layered!

• Members

I really like the actor playing Johnny. The back and forth with Nicole is really funny.

Why does he call Eric "Father Eric" and not "Uncle Eric." He is still his uncle.I think family takes precedence over the clergy.

Judi Evans should grow her hair out a bit now. The short hair is not as becoming when you put on a weight. I wish the Days the stylists would put her in more flattering outfits. She is a beautiful woman.

• Members

Dee is the best gasper in daytime! lol Also, I love how the writers have people talking to themselves again like in the JER days. I actually miss that aspect of the show. The dialogue isn't as repetitive as it used to be back then so it is more tolerable. Marlena talking to herself in the pub, especially with her hair styled the way it was just reminded me of 1996 Marlena talking to herself about what she should do regarding Kristen. This show feels like the 90s glory days and I love it!

• Members

I don't mind Marlena's orgasmagasps in the least --that is Marlena. John's nasal breathing on the other hand -- gah. And that was some pretty hammy acting, even from DH. But ED made it all worth it. She was amazing! And it really felt like closure on Kristen's part -- although we will see how long that lasts after that cliffhanger.

Echoing what others have said here re: Johnny and Ciara. I just love how they are written like a fully-formed character and not just cute little tykes... Johnny a charming, light-fingered rascal, Ciara jealous and obsessive and looking like she's about to take a couple of steps into the dark side. May they never get SORASed.

• Members

Nice scene between Caroline and Sami, with Caroline asking that her Alzheimer's not be used as a reason to shut her out of family crises. I like that they're still keeping that story alive in small moments. I admire Peggy McCay tremendously for still doing what she's doing -- and doing it very well -- at the age of 85. At the same time, she breaks my heart a little, as I see the same changes in movement and speech that my grandmother experienced in her '80s. Aging is a bitch.

I still think the writers mishandled John and Marlena in the Kristen-Brady story, but I'm relatively happy with the denouement (so far). I'm glad Kristen came to the realization she did about the need for revenge -- and that she's going to get burned anyway, thanks to the photo now in Brady's hands. I really am interested in what happens next.

Archived