DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Todays episode has been great!! I've been glued to my TV this entire episode.

I was also brought to tears by Nick & Maggie's scenes and I was brought to tears when will met little Arianna. Brady & Kristens scenes have been awesome. This whole episode is just great!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What a great episode! I freaking love Blake Berris!

Eileen Davidson delivered also. Her scenes with Brady were great (though I hate when women get on their knees to beg a man to stay), and I am rooting for her against Marlena. :P

• Members

OMG! I watched Nick's scenes twice and I was just as emotional (i.e., very emotional) the second viewing as I was with the first. BB was heartbreaking as Nick.

I really wanted the Nick and Will scenes to be longer. BB and CM are terrific together. I was pissed when Sonny appeared in the doorway. UGH! I can't stand his little boring, bland, vanilla butt. Again, UGH!

I can not wait for Kristen to hit Marlena with the ugly truth of John's great plan. Hopefully, that'll knock some of the smug out of her sails.

Kristen, you are Stefano'd daughter. Get off of your knees. Brady is not worth your dignity. The fact that he refused to believe all and sundry regarding your true motives proves he's too stupid to live.

• Members

Just watched Monday and Tuesday together. The show clearly blew its budget on sweeps because the Kristen/Brady scenes should have been in front of a crowd and not on plastic wrapping. It was kind of underwhelming for me.

So, no redemption for Kristen I guess? The character growth of being strong enough to resist revenge was a revelation, so it is bittersweet to then have her receive comeuppance a scene later. That will smack her back to her regressive Di Mera roots.

Nick/Maggie was powerful stuff.

Judi Evans clearly doesn't do botox - her facial expressions are brilliant. Her look of horror/fear/revulsion when Sonny suggested she stay with Sami while he went to eat had me in stitches.

• Members

OH MY GOD. Those Nick/Maggie scenes literally had be sobbing. The "over and over" scene on the bench? Fantastic. Blake Berris is an amazing, amazing actor. He's been an incredibly great presence throughout this entire storyline.

My only complaint with the Brady/Kristen reveal is I wanted it at the wedding! Not that anyone was coming to that damn wedding anyway, so I can understand why this all happened here but the reactions from Daniel/Jen, Sami/EJ and Stefano, Marlena trying to get in with the photo, John trying to keep his scheme under wraps, Hope and Roman having to show up because of a disturbance -- basically it should've been a splashier version of Nick/Gabi's wedding, but seeing as how these writers already did that, I can see why they went a different route. It's not really about Kristen being exposed in public, it was about her "epiphany."

I think that this is the right way to do an actual Kristen/Brady romance. Because now he wants nothing to do with her and she'll be hell-bent on revenge and now we get to see them fall back in love again. Great stuff.

Oh, and that ending? Can't waaaaiiittt for Marlena vs. Kristen tomorrow.

• Members

Yeah, I'm clearly invested in the character of Kristen, and I so wanted more than her "epiphany" to stick. The way it plotted out was incredibly soapy, but so difficult to handle as a fan. I'm not sure when I was last so interested in a character's wellbeing, I'm not sure how to take it lol.

• Members

Marlena sold Ciara out! I hope that girl joins Kristen in wanting revenge on her! How cool would it be if she offered to team up with Kristen?

Speaking of which, Deidre looked amazing today. She looks young and rejuvenated

The Kristen scenes were absolutely pathetic. Man is she broken. I feel bad for her. Eileen killed it with those scenes. She deserves an award

• Members

This was solid, solid DAYS. Blake Berris totally sold his scenes to me today in the kind of storyline I would normally not be into. He made me care. Really classic soap anti-hero.

The ending with Kristen screaming It's not fair and bitchy triumphant Marlena standing there looking down on her was terrific. I want more!

• Members

I've only seen Monday's episode so far.. but wow! Days is doing so well right now. I'm really proud of them! I hope they keep it up. I don't know who is responsible for the writing uptick.. but I remember during TomSell's first run it seemed to me that when Whitesell was more in charge things went well (Didn't he have a ton of influence in the baby swap of 09?) What are your all's thoughts who know more of the writers than I do?

First off, I love that Eric is a priest..but every little scene we can get of Shirtless Eric I will gladly take :)

I concur with others that Sami/Caroline scenes were amazing. You can tell in their acting how much these two really care about each other. Very touching. THIS is why vets are SO important to a show's success. b/c of scenes that you can not only touch on show and character history - but the entire emotional piece that comes with it. I also love that Caroline isn't just "healed" but has a continuing struggle with Alzheimer's Disease. Very well played.. I hope this storyline continues for a long time with Caroline facing her disease. On a lighter note, when Caroline said "I can't babysit the kids by myself anymore" I almose lol'ed.. WHAT are the young adult Salemites going to do?!?? Carloline has been the go to voluntter free babysitter for a good decade now! Writers better think hard where they're going to ship these kids off too now :)

Adrienne/Sonny scenes = amazing and very well acted. Freddie is HITTING it with the emotions of "I was scared I was going to lose him." Can't wait to see them reunite.

Kristen and John's dialogue at the hotel room was amazing! So good! Again, amazing acting and amazing writing.

Total sidenote: In a restaurant the other day, my waitress said "Dahhhling" and I seriously could have thought that Celese was stading right behind me. haha. I couldn't tell that to ther person I was grabbing lunch with but I know my fellow Days fans will understand! :)

• Members

Mark my words--Lorraine Broderick. OK her era as co-HW with Whitesell and Tomlin as EP at One Life to Live was fairly campy but also told some compelling stories. I think she's making a big difference (but she is one of my fave HWs--at least at AMC, so I'm biased. (Wasn't she HW at Days for all of one month ten or so years back? )

• Members

She was! I believe in 1999.

Whatever is going on this time around, it is working. The climaxes of the Will/Gabi/Nick story and now this Kristen/Brady thing have been fantastic. I'd have liked more of a crowd for the Kristen/Brady showdown, but I get it. And the scenes as executed were very good. I really loved when Kristen yelled, "But it's not fair! I told the truth!" and the way they played it in the DiMera living room, with the wedding stuff all set up, as a callback to those iconic scenes 16 years ago.

The Nick/Maggie scenes were also fantastic. I can hardly mock the show these days (okay, I can, but still). So many things are working.

Archived