DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh give me a break. Happy couple my perfectly round and sexy butt cheeks! Brady was only happy because he was living in the bliss of his ignorance (as usual) and Kritter was only happy because she was having her cake and eating it too. She got to experience the benefits of having a man that loved her while getting revenge on her enemies which is very selfish on her part. Once again, Marlena gets blamed for bringing truth and honesty to light and doing what Kritter herself should have done from the beginning if she TRULY loved Brady: Tell the truth! You don't deceive the people you claim to love. How is Marlena the bad guy here? As Marlena sanctimoniously stated, Kritter brought this all on herself with her bad choices. Kritter is scum! As far as I am concerned, Marlena always gets a free pass from me to act as bitchy as she wants towards Kritter given their history.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been thinking about this some more.

The thing that is interesting is that Kristen lied or at least with held info from Chad (and basically EJ) about her predicament, Marlena assumes things based on the photo but Kristen admitted nothing and Brady hasn't (onscreen anyway) told anyone exactly what happened, he is also still angry with John. Hope couldn't even arrest her and all Kristen needs to do is put some doubt in people's minds or come up with a plausible excuse. Is Cy still out there somewhere? Once he is taken care of she is home free, except for Brady.

Only Brady knows what Kristen has done because she admitted it to him, everyone else has only assumptions. Everyone else could see it as a misunderstanding as that is how she seems to be going with it. If he somehow forgives her and they reconcile case closed.

So yeah I think it is possible that Kristen will get out of this and Jen (not knowing) will support her, especially after what happened to her with Nicole. The fact they had Jennifer leave that voicemail makes me think their friendship will continue.

• Members

i wish Julie were around to fight her. They really should have played them up on opposing sides in the Nick vs Will drama

Am I the only one that still doesnt like Gabi and wont consider it unless she is recast? I still hate how her sins were swept under the rug and eagerly anticipate the day she is exposed, not that I think she will pay

• Members

I still want Gabi recast but the actress playing her has improved A LOT in the last few weeks.

I think Maggie's great...except when she's talking about or around Daniel. That's not just because I don't like him it just somehow drags her down.

• Members

Don't understand the Maggie hate ... What did she do that was stupid? I've never had a problem with the Gabi actress as she was already good by the time I started watching, which was just a few months ago.

Good point, will81, that Kristen may continue to not clarify exactly what she did to most of her family and friends. Wonder if this would assuage your concern that Jennifer should want to stop being Kristen's friend.

• Members

God bless the person who made gifs of this entire exchange!

tumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno1_250.giftumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno2_250.gif
tumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno3_250.giftumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno4_250.gif
tumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno5_r1_250.giftumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno6_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno7_r1_250.giftumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno9_r1_250.giftumblr_mns0nkaiWg1r9c8mno10_r1_250.gif
I really thought Kristen was gonna slap here there. Eileen is going to have such a terrible time next year choosing which tape to submit for her Emmy bc she has so much material to choose from. This is definetly a strong candidate

• Members

Wow, that dialogue actually makes Marlena seem like someone who has seen and done a lot and barely has patience for it at this point, instead of the perpetual ingenue she's been written as for many years.

• Members

Re Maggie: I find it funny that I loved her under Higley.... as soon as she was gone, I found her insufferable. Don't know why and I haven't watched a lot since to be sure. I still prefer seeing her over others, but there is something really annoying about her to me now.

• Members

Julie is the one ingredient that is missing right now and has been for years. While I didn't like much of JER's second stint, I did like that he brought back Julie and used her regularly during the SSK storyline. IMO, the Julie/Doug reunion was easily the most poignant of all the divided couples.

As for Gabi, I disagree on that one. I've grown to really like Camilla and would find a recast jarring. I actually prefer Gabi to Abby now.

• Members

Its usually people who hate Daniel and hated Melanie, or people who still want Victor to be a evil villian and put a hit out on people and nobody say anything.

I think making Daniel her son, and Melanie in turn her granddaughter, was a poor choice. It just wasnt needed, as Melanie/Maggie had already formed a solid bond and a family tie wasnt needed, and they never did much with Daniel as her son. Id love to see this undone, and I say this as someone who liked daniel. I just hate that every single character needs to be related to someone else.

• Members

Days was on fire this week! So good.

Maggie was OK this week imo. I do agree her being retconned into family for Melanie and Daniel never needed to happen. So dumb.

Kristen taunting Marlena was fabulous.

I dont care one iota about if Brady/Nicole hook up again. Brady needs to learn to live without a girlfriend and also stop relying on drugs. Idk.

Greg Vaughan needs more to do ASAP. I figure its coming.

Camila Banus has also won me over. She has improved so much. The Will/Sonny/Nick/Lumi/Caroline scenes were all wonderful.

Blake Berris is amazing. 'Nuff said.

Like JJ but waiting to see a bit more. It has been nice to see Jen and Dan in supporting roles.

Archived