DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG! I am halfway through Monday's episode right now and it is the BEST I have seen in a long, long time.

Everybody is being utilized in this amazing umbrella story -- Ciara, Stefano, Kate, Will, Sami, EJ, Vargas. Who wrote this incredibly involving episode?!

The Sami/EJ confrontation is as good as it gets and I haven't finished the epi yet but here's what I think: Sami set off an unpredictable chain of events when during sexytimes with EJ a few months' back, she wanted him to get Nick. Then she made that pact with Stefano. So they got this psycho to beat up Rafe, make it look like Nick so that he goes back to jail. Only they didn't realize that Psycho raped Nick in jail, and they didn't anticipate that Psycho would try to beat Rafe to death. And now Sonny's going to walk into a shitstorm and something is bound to happen and Sami will be wracked by guilt!

OK... I am going to watch the rest to see how this plays out.

• Members

Woah. Got an eyeful of Alison Sweeney's impressive cleavage in that EJ-Sami love scene.

OK, so now I get it. Psycho was out to 'kill Nick,' just like Sami wanted in the heat of the moment.

And Gabi is going into labor on some country road somewhere? With Sonny as midwife. Oy vey.

The scenes between Nick and Will in the cabin are great.

• Members

She does have an impressive bosom. EJ/James Scott was all over that!

Have to give the writers credit, they have so far plotted all this out meticulously. All the characters have purpose in this umbrella story.

LOL, I loved it when Ciara blamed the police guy and accused him of lying! Then she just sits there quiet as a mouse, watching everything, while Hope is desperately trying to make up lost ground, and suddenly pipes up "Are we going to get pizza now?" :lol: This little girl is flawless.

• Members

IA! I loved her blaming the cop and then acting like she was still gonna go get pizza with Hope. What kind of mother is Hope though, that she hasn't looked into her envelope yet though? She's had it for weeks and Ciara has acknowledged that its some big secret to the point where she got hostile with Hope when she tried to take it from her yesterday. I would have already opened it up to see what has her so occupied

Will and Sonny were both stupid for not calling the cops/911 the second they realized Gabi and Nick were in actual danger

• Members

Hope needs to start paying for a good babysitter who can help out in the afternoons because she can't do everything alone. Like, can Maggie pick up Ciara at school from time to time. Feed her at the Kiriakis mansion? Something tells me that Victor would *love* this. At the same time, I love seeing Ciara acting out. The little actress playing her is playing it so well.

You know what was the dumbest thing, though? Everybody sitting there, talking about whether or not to untie Nick or Gabi first instead of actually DOING it. Light a fire under your asses, boys! There is a rapist killer on the loose with a gun!

• Members

Just wanted to join in the chorus of voices proclaiming how good Monday's episode was. THIS is how you plot a soap. This is the same kind of intensity and energy we had with the Sami/Nicole baby switch in 2009. And for once, it feels like they're really playing the climax of a story instead of just racing through it.

I'm DEAD at Ciara. Integrating her into all of this has been pretty genius.

I wonder if they're ever going to say Nick was raped in prison, or just kind of talk around it. (I don't necessarily need them to say the actual word, but now that Hope knows, she'd better push for him to get serious counseling.)

• Members

Yeah, I must have missed Johnny stealing the envelope. I assumed that evil DiMera smile was just Johnny plotting to get his paws on the envelope. I also think Ciara would have noticed if her Secret Special Envelope went missing.

Archived