DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Watching the show for my Blake Berris. I am actually glad Nick got raped because I want to see scenes when he talks about it (maybe to Hope?). I am shocked Days is finally going there with stories. They have been so vanila for so many years.

Dan/Jennifer will forever annoy the hell out of me.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And to complete the set:

tumblr_mn3uiqDtZ41r9c8mno1_500.gif

I don't care how realistic the slaps are, I like watching John get slapped

OMG, I just realized now - I hope Dena and her daughter were watching and threw their KFC at their tv set. Lol, who am I kidding? Higley never watched an episode of Days in her life.

That should be his emmy reel (well, one of many...)

• Members

Blake is going a great job portraying a complex and conflicted character. Jensen really has that creep factor and it works so well.

Days is starting to remind me of Atwt in the Nuke era but is taking the story all the way.

My only complaint are all the religious references as of late from Caroline and the Last rights up to Brady with the Paul quote. Soaps have always avoided the topic of religion and given today's multi faith society this is a good idea. I almost feel like it is written in to satisfy conservative viewers who are uneasy eith Will and Sonny.

• Members

What they NEEDED to have done was to have Nick showing personal pain and being conflicted the whole time he was being an ass to Will and Sonny. But it didn't happen that way. Nick was just downright vicious, and that is basically the only thing that viewers saw. And didn't Nick bring GOD into the situation while referring to Will and Sonny? I guess that wasn't the real reason for his douchebaggery, was it?

• Members

We never actually saw him take it, but he was looking at it briefly in the pub (See 3:20 onwards below). Ciara went straight to the police station which is why she hasn't had a chance to open her envelope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzMa9dFK5QE

Nick wants to forget about his time in prison - he is not willing to open up about it unless forced. He didn't even want to talk about Vargas until Gabbi forced him and even then he didn't tell the whole story. But to say Nick was "downright vicious, and that is basically the only thing that viewers saw" is not true. He is deeply conflicted and there has been tons of nuance and subtext to indicate that the reasons he gives are not his motivations. This "revelation" comes as no suprise to any one watching the show who is paying attention and not taking everything at face value - this isn't Marlene McPhereson or Dena Higley's Days of Our Lives - they don't spoon feed you the story and bang you over the head with it. And thank goodness for that.

• Members

Under JER, everybody was catholic and religious. Even the Hortons who are meant to be protestant (methodist I think?) were catholic lol. Caroline has always been religious and Eric is, well, a priest and it is to be expected. Religion is part of this show's fabric and a pillar of the community thanks to JER. While other writers have moved away from it, it is in the show's DNA still.

• Members

Pre-JER, the Bradys were Catholic, the Hortons were Protestant, the Kiriakis clan were Greek Orthodox. the Johnsons, I have no idea...but followed the religion of their significant others.

• Members

It's been great having JJ back. I love his hate for Daniel. LOL at him breaking Daniels mp3 player & Parker's train toy laugh.png

But, aren't him & Ciara the same age? tongue.png LOL I read on soapcentral that Ciara's birthday was changed to July 2004 (is that true? why?) JJ was born 4 months later...I don't care for crazy soap ages that much but that just makes me chuckle Ciara's still like 8 & JJ's in his late teens! And Theo should be older than all of them (born in 2003)...LMAO

Is it just me or are Will/Sonny awful/boring, together & apart?!

DAYS does a great job casting these short-term crazy roles like Jensen. The Actor did an outstanding job! CREEP!

• Members

I agree with "South of Soap" that Days ( and all soaps) have been based in faith (I mean, even the titles of most soaps reference this...."One Life to Live" "Days of our Lives" "Guiding Light" "Another World") most have spiritual elements.. In fact, it has bothered me in years past when soaps have denied all religion/faith...it's not normal.. We all have some spiritual component to our lives and it is not natural for soaps to pretend these characters who we care so much about don't. I don't think soaps should be overly-spiritualized and that should not be the focus of driving story.. but it does play a huge role in character development and story and I'm glad Days is incorporating faith. I hope they keep it up :)

• Members

Sonny is so stupid!

Gaby: "my water just broke"

Stupid: "What does that mean?!?" Really?

Gaby: "I think its time to push"

Stupid: "Push what?

Gaby: "Push the baby!"

tumblr_mcezf1HkvW1qekxl5.gif

For real!

Sami is ridiculous accusing Kate of being responsible for the attack. She deserved the slap but man was it weak

I love JJ's hate of Daniel. How old is he? Can he be aged to 18 if he isn't so Anne can hook up with him for revenge? They can do a Dorian/Joey/Viki type story here to drive Jen crazy

Archived