DAYS: May 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members
LOL. IK,R? Watching those scenes I was like is this what the Source Ryan guy was tweeting joyfully about, i.e., this Smith Island drama would launch WilSon into the Power Couple stratosphere? Sonny was like the comic relief at least when they were in the woods and Gabi's water broke. But once they actually got to shelter, he became just dumb, and not in a funny ha ha kind of way. With the dialogue and camera work, that scene was all about Gabi. She came off as the smart one. The one in control. I have to give it to CB, she's been pulling her weight and holding her own these past few episodes.

I really have mixed feelings about the Will, Nick, and Jensen scenes. Both BB and CM did a wonderful job of having Nick and Will look terrified to the point they were both crying silently.

While all the performers did a good job, I found the dialogue clunky when Jensen spoke of Nick's rape. It's as if the writers were concentrating so hard on providing exposition to Nick's horrific experience, that they forgot to make the acual dialogue flow organically. And then when Will was shot, Nick's speech about Will's innocence it had an unnautural and preachy feel to it. The dialogue had a PSA and/or a Prison Life for Dummies feel to it. I assume this was done to give both cousins insight into each others lives, and in Nick's case (hopefully) an epiphany, but still, I found it clunky.

One last thing, the fact that Will had both that huge wrench, the advantage of a sneak attack, plus those huge muscles, yet he still couldn't render Jensen unconscious had me RME. Really, show? Really?

I love the intrigue with Justin and EJ. Speaking of Justin, I found the dialogue with Kate clunky, too.

Speaking of Kate, I have a confession to make. I'm always a bit uncomfortabl watching LK in emotional scenes. It's all the face maintenance that I assume she practices. She reminds me of a lizard around the mouth area. Anyway, I thought Sami was being a bit ridiculous, so I kind of just RME eyes at the entire scene.

ETA: Forgot to add that I enjoyed the collaboration between Hope and Vargas, and then later on Action!Cop! Hope. We need to keep this version on screen. She should become the Anna Devane of Days.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All of the show has been wonderful recently.

I absolutely loved the Will/Nick and Sonny/Gabi scenes from this week. The entire storyline all coming together with Jensen, Hope, Rafe, EJ, Sami, Vargas tied in was so well plotted and executed. I had high hopes for this storyline when Will slept with Gabi, and I never expected this or anything to be this good. This is by far the best show has been in years now.

JJ being an obsticle for Daniel/Jen works for me better than Chloe or even Jack ever did. JJ has valid issues and is acting like a pretty typical teenager would be in a situation like the one he is in. Id like to see more of him with Adrienne, maybe build a relationship there that Jennifer resents but is at the same time thankful for him having someone since he wont let her in.

Then there is the Brady/Kristen story that has been wonderful and so well played. I love the way that as the baby story hits its climax the Kristen story is ready to take over lead and climax as the JJ story is just starting and then they will also have the next phase of the baby story.

Not to mention the Eric/Nicole, Hope/Vargas, Kate/Rafe, etc little moments/scenes/stories have been just as great as the main focal stories.

Bravo Days, I hope they can keep it up this time.

• Members

I have to give props to FS (who I find boring during the majority of his scenes) he did well in most of his scenes at Will's bedside. I bought that the character loves Will (And quite honestly, I see what people mean when they say CM's acting isn't as invested in portraying Will's love for Sonny....) But, I have to say to Sonny, dude, it'll never be just you Will and Arianna Grace. It will always include Will's BFF and Baby Mama, Gabi... That's something our "Hero" Rafe never learned, I hope you don't go down the same rabbit hole. I really wish I liked WilSon, but, it is what it is. Together, when both are ambulant and interacting, they have the chemistry of friends, not romantic interest. Oh, well, c'est la vie.

I can't with Lucas implying that EJ wasn't around because he didn't care enough. If he stays around, then he's overstepping and intruding. But when he gives them space, he's insensitive to her needs. Whatever...

Little Ciera is a hoot. And boy does she look like a younger Gabi. Anyway, LOL, at her exposing our little DiMera future heir to the throne. Loved the cut a b!tch attitude in her voice when she asked Marlena where Johnny was at "because she needed to talk to him." Excluding Nick and possibly JJ, these two kids have more spunk than the entire teen/20 something crowd. I can watch Johnny and Ciara's shenanigans all day.

So far, I'm liking the young actor that portrays JJ. He's infusing JJ with attitude that does't feel hollow or surface-y.

I can't even begin to care about the Marlena/John crap.

And Kristen, though you may love Brady, he's just as stupid, no, he's more stupid than John. The best for you will be for this wedding to blow up. You're always going to have to jump through hoops to prove you're worthy. You're always going to have to defend yourself against his suspicions and accusations, even when you are innocent, for the duration of your lives together.

• Members

OMG I loved Lucas/Sami's "when did you get old?" toast. I hope they never try to have them romantically involved again because their relationship has evolved perfectly IMO. Sometimes rivals, sometimes partners in crime, but deep down they care about each other.

This show is actually decent. Have they addressed Bo's absence tho because it's so awkward.

lol @ Ciera's envelope becoming the new compact/cameo.

• Members

I have no idea who wrote today's episdoe, but MAN, do they know how to do suspense! It's been a looonnnnnnng time since DAYS has had me sitting on the edge of my seat, let alone not being able to wait to see what happens tomorrow!!!

They really were firing on all cylinders- Marlena sees the picture, Kristen texts Brady as she starts making out with John, Brady drops the phone before the text comes through......WOW! It sounds so simple and even a little non-eventful as I type it up, but it SO wasn't, on any level.

The scenes with John & Kristen just crackled and I just LOVE that we're still not exactly sure what Kristen is up to or intends on having Brady see. John & she making love? Her rejecting his father's seduction? I seriously still am not quite sure and I LOVE THAT! Not to mention that I realllllly want there to be a wedding tomorrow and you just know there's gonna be! It's TOO perfect that Marlena is the one who sees the picture first- Brady isn't going to let her get a word in edgewise, which will only build even more suspense. I have to hand it to the writing team- this slow, meticulous build they've been doing in this story may have been a little frustrating at times, but it all seems worth it now that we're seeing how beautifully the climax is coming about. And I have high, HIGH hopes for the fallout too! It's just so damn good.

I can only hope that DAYS can keep the momentum going for the summer. If EVER there was a time to bring back the "Days of our Lives......it's getting GOOD" ad slogan, THIS. IS. IT!

ETA: Apparently, Melissa Salmons wrote today's episode.

• Members
Got to wonder if the choice of what faith to use might be based on research regarding who is most likely to be home during the day or what religious demo has the most housewives. Just an idea because most of what they do on tv is based of research.

I think the faith thing is intended to buffer the gay thing in terms of more traditional households. I remember Ken Cordy calling Days the family business and saying he felt the need to move slow on gay story due to the Days's roots being that of a family show which smacked of backhanded homophobia to me.

The logic may be pander to traditional stay at home moms while reaching out to younger demos. I can help but feel that Days being stuck at a 1.9 might be the result of trying to please to many fan bases at once.

I can't help but think that the Kristan story should have been more front burner during sweeps even at the expense of the Will, Nick and baby show. The story plays on history and has the potential of being pitch perfect.

Archived